beantwoord

Exact same stretch, €8 more when bought in NL compared to Lux.

• 11 augustus 2014
  • 7 reacties
  • 345 Bekeken

• Reisadviseur***
  • 145 reacties
Dear NS, explain this: A one way ticket bought in NL from Maastricht to Troisvierges (Lux.): €24.20
A one way ticket bought in Luxembourg, also from Maastricht to Troisvierges: €16.10!
Same stretch, but €8.10 cheaper!
icon

Beste antwoord door Gert-Jan G 12 augustus 2014, 11:32

Solved it!?

The Nederland Speciaal ticket should give a 40% discount on NS, NMBS and CFL networks when traveling via the Troisvierges – Gouvy – Liège – Maastricht itinerary, from a Luxembourgish train station to a Dutch train station. (also valid vice versa according to your ticket)

http://www.cfl.lu/espaces/voyageurs/en/billets-et-abonnements/billets-internationaux/pays-bas/nederland-speciaal

Online CFL offers a Full Flex for 24.80 (60 cents more expensive than NS and NMBS) and a Non Flex (Nederland Speciaal) for 16.10. You can buy this from The Netherlands as it is a homeprint ticket and accepted payment options include MasterCard, Visa and American Express.

NMBS on the other hand offers the Escapade tariff. A return ticket valid for 1, 2 of 3 persons for 43, 63 or 83 euros.
Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 4
Badge
Although I cannot find information on the Nederland Speciaal discount, I guess this might be a reason for the price difference.
So where can I buy Lëtzebuerg Special tickets in the Netherlands?
Nowhere.
In Luxembourg, I didn't ask for any special ticket. I just asked for a ticket from the last station in Belgium to the first station in the Netherlands (though they sold me a ticket to Maastricht as they couldn't sell tickets to Eijsden). Not bought in advance, but just for today. And for another ticket this Saturday as I'll be traveling to Luxembourg again, and I noticed this is a good way of saving money. If CFL can afford it to sell that for €16.10, so can NS. A super discount that is a few euros less is understandable, but €8.10 is a huge difference!
Reputatie 4
Badge
When I searched NS international and Tickets to Belgium I found out that NS and NS international have dramatically increased their fares per 15 December 2013. Because of this, it can be way cheaper to buy tickets via NMBS Europe or CFL than via NS. For your journey however, NMBS also only offers a standard Full Flex ticket for 24,20.

http://www.treinreiziger.nl/actueel/binnenland/treinkaartje_naar_belgie_soms_fors_goedkoper_bij_nmbs-145909
Gert-Jan G wrote:
When I searched NS international and Tickets to Belgium I found out that NS and NS international have dramatically increased their fares per 15 December 2013. Because of this, it can be way cheaper to buy tickets via NMBS Europe or CFL than via NS.

Hence the tags I gave this topic. 😉
Reputatie 4
Badge
Solved it!?

The Nederland Speciaal ticket should give a 40% discount on NS, NMBS and CFL networks when traveling via the Troisvierges – Gouvy – Liège – Maastricht itinerary, from a Luxembourgish train station to a Dutch train station. (also valid vice versa according to your ticket)

http://www.cfl.lu/espaces/voyageurs/en/billets-et-abonnements/billets-internationaux/pays-bas/nederland-speciaal

Online CFL offers a Full Flex for 24.80 (60 cents more expensive than NS and NMBS) and a Non Flex (Nederland Speciaal) for 16.10. You can buy this from The Netherlands as it is a homeprint ticket and accepted payment options include MasterCard, Visa and American Express.

NMBS on the other hand offers the Escapade tariff. A return ticket valid for 1, 2 of 3 persons for 43, 63 or 83 euros.
Hi PPP,

Gert-Jan G has given you the right answer. Apparentley the Nederland Speciaal gives you discount, which causes this price to be lower then our normal price. I removed your tags, because they weren't respectful. If you want, you can add some respectful tags 🙂.
Can I remove the €1 supplement on disposable chipcards? I don't find that very respectful either. Or the €10/€20 initfee when using an OV-Chipcard. And when will NS start selling tickets with "discount" for which nothing special is required?

Reageer