beantwoord

Group ticket route specification

• 28 november 2017
  • 8 reacties
  • 262 Bekeken

Hi,

Can a group ticket from Tilburg University to Amsterdam Centraal be used for Den Haag?

Best regards.
icon

Beste antwoord door TreintjeRijden 28 november 2017, 11:51

Hi,

Can a group ticket from Tilburg University to Amsterdam Centraal be used for Den Haag?

Best regards.

plan through ns.nl and you will have your answer.
but since you asked i will simply tell you no 😉
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Hi,

Best regards.

plan through ns.nl and you will have your answer.
but since you asked i will simply tell you no 😉
Hi mctin and welcome to the NS Forum!

I see TreintjeRijden already provided you with an answer. If you still have remaining questions, shoot!
Dear Arnold,

Thank you for the warm welcome!
The reason I am asking is because when I use the ns.nl planner and I mention Den Haag in the 'via station' under 'more options' it appears to be possible:

https://www.ns.nl/reisplanner/#/?aankomst=Amsterdam%20Centraal&aankomsttype=treinstation&tijd=2017-11-29T11:53&type=vertrek&vertrek=Tilburg%20Universiteit&vertrektype=treinstation&via=Den%20Haag&viatype=treinstation

I am just trying to make sure and avoid possible problems in the train.
Dear Arnold,

Thank you for the warm welcome!
The reason I am asking is because when I use the ns.nl planner and I mention Den Haag in the 'via station' under 'more options' it appears to be possible:

https://www.ns.nl/reisplanner/#/?aankomst=Amsterdam%20Centraal&aankomsttype=treinstation&tijd=2017-11-29T11:53&type=vertrek&vertrek=Tilburg%20Universiteit&vertrektype=treinstation&via=Den%20Haag&viatype=treinstation

I am just trying to make sure and avoid possible problems in the train.

You can not select your own stop ;)
Otherwise you basically could travel anywhere you would like.

Your ticket states the route and you must follow that in a "straight" line.
I understand and I'll try to explain the situation the best I can. In the Reisplanner at ns.nl/reisplanner you can indeed use the 'via station' at 'more options'. This function however can be used for every station in the Netherlands and will give you the best advice accordingly. Therefore you did see a possibility, but you won't have a valid ticket to make the trip. The station you are traveling to should be in the trajectory of the ideal way from and to the endstation. Does any of this make sense to you?
Dear Arnold,

I think I understand now. Just to make sure I will try to apply what you just told me to make sure I get it right.

Say this a route for a group ticket, as provided by https://www.ns.nl/reisplanner: Den Haag Centraal – Gouda – Utrecht Centraal – ’s-Hertogenbosch – Eindhoven – Weert – Roermond – Sittard – Maastricht

According to what you just described, one can travel, say, Eindhoven – Maastricht because the route is direct and it was not generated using the 'via station' option. Is this correct?

Thank you for clarifying this. It is my first time here and I want to make sure I get it right.

Best regards.
Yes, your example is indeed correct. If you have a ticket from Den Haag CS you can travel from any of the named stations (from left to right): Den Haag Centraal – Gouda – Utrecht Centraal – ’s-Hertogenbosch – Eindhoven – Weert – Roermond – Sittard – Maastricht or even other smaller stations in between. The 'via' option is only of use in the occasion of certain situations.
Thank you! This clarifies everything!

Reageer