beantwoord

Holland Travel ticket - Query

• 24 februari 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 66 Bekeken

Hi, I just purchased a Holland travel ticket. The order says to collect the ticket from OV service shop at the NS station, however, I live in Rotterdam, and this website indicates that there is no OV service shop at Rotterdam. 

Also, to get to the Rotterdam station, I have to take tram. Can I still use (the ticket printout) it in the tram?

Regards,

Raj

icon

Beste antwoord door Mark NS 24 februari 2021, 14:38

You can exchange your voucher for a Holland Travel Ticket at the NS Tickets & Service desks and at the ticket machines on several stations, Rotterdam included. The voucher itself isn't valid in the tram, only the ticket you receive in exchange for the voucher is. 

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

You can exchange your voucher for a Holland Travel Ticket at the NS Tickets & Service desks and at the ticket machines on several stations, Rotterdam included. The voucher itself isn't valid in the tram, only the ticket you receive in exchange for the voucher is. 

Thank you Mark. 

What is surprising to me is that even though I have paid full amount upfront for use in all public transport, I still have to buy all the tickets until I reach a NS service point. Don’t you think, ideally, this should not be the case?

You purchased a voucher which you can exchange for an actual ticket, a smart card, at a later moment. This is usually how vouchers work. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

This is usually how vouchers work. 

Of course. But usually NS sells e-tickets online, not vouchers.

I understand that in this case this is not possible, because you can't travel with an e-ticket in buses, trams and metro's. But what's the benefit of buying this voucher online?

Badge +3

For the Holland Travel Ticket, there is no benefit to buy online because it requires extra work to exchange it for the day pass with a chip in it.

The ticket can also be puchased at ticket machines (all train stations), all major credit/debit cards accepted.

Reageer