beantwoord

Holland Travel Ticket: Where to buy?

• 30 June 2021
  • 9 reacties
  • 214 Bekeken

Hey,

I am planning a trip to Holland in summer and I would like to travel though your country using the Holland Travel Ticket.

I already got some information about it but as I read the site at ns.nl (https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/onbeperkt-reizen/p/holland-travel-ticket), I now wonder if it is possible to buy the ticket at all station's ticket machines or only at those listed below (under "How to buy": Almere Centrum, Amsterdam Amstel, Amsterdam Centraal, Amsterdam Sloterdijk, Amsterdam Zuid, Den Haag Centraal, Eindhoven, Haarlem, Hilversum, Maastricht, Rotterdam Central, Schiphol Airport and Zaandam). The Problem is, I will enter Holland via Leer to Groningen and want to continue from there using Holland Travel Ticket. If it would not be possible to buy the ticket at Groningen, I would have to adjust my whole trip.

So: Is it possible to buy Holland Travel Ticket at Groningen station? 

Thanks for your help and nice greetings from Austria,

Leo. 

icon

Beste antwoord door FFFF 30 June 2021, 16:51

Hi Leo

The list of participating stations is only relevant when you purchase a Holland Travel ticket voucher (!) online, that you would need to exchange for an actual ticket.

Without having to exchange a voucher, it's a lot easier. Any regular NS ticket machine (one that dispenses single-use chipcards) will let you purchase a Holland Travel Ticket. 

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 3

Hi Leo

The list of participating stations is only relevant when you purchase a Holland Travel ticket voucher (!) online, that you would need to exchange for an actual ticket.

Without having to exchange a voucher, it's a lot easier. Any regular NS ticket machine (one that dispenses single-use chipcards) will let you purchase a Holland Travel Ticket. 

Wow, this is good news! Thanks a lot for your answer.

But now I just wonder much more, why there is at all a online sale of this Ticket?!

But as you answered my Question: Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Leo. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

But now I just wonder much more, why there is at all a online sale of this Ticket?!

Nobody knows :slight_smile:  There isn't any benefit of buying this voucher online.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

And to have visual prove, a picture of the ticket machine screen where to buy the Holland Travel Ticket. To get to this screen first select “Other products” then "Day tickets". 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Nobody knows :slight_smile:  There isn't any benefit of buying this voucher online.

Maybe there was a benefit in the past when it was not yet possible to pay using a creditcard at ticket machines. But looking back at older topics, paying with a creditcard is possible since august 2014. 

Thank you very much for all the helpful answers!

I am now looking forward to enjoying my day with Holland Travel Ticket!

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

If on certain days you only want to go to one destination during off-peak hours and you don't need to travel using a bus, tram of metro you could choose to buy a Day-return off-peak (Dagretour Dal) that is available in de Spoordeelwinkel for only €17,50  https://www.ns.nl/uitgelicht/acties/laatjezelfgaan

With this ticket payment is possible with a creditcard. 

This is an e-ticket which you can print or load in the NS app). With this ticket you can only travel during off-peak hours (before 6:30,  between 9:00 and 16:00 and after 18:30) and a refund is not possible once you have opened/downloaded/printed the ticket and you cannot change the date or destination. And with this ticket you can only travel by train. 

Reputatie 6
Badge

Note there is a full-day and an off-peak version, which is about 40% cheaper, but as it says ONLY valid off-peak: both am and pm peaks apply. However, as long as you check IN just before the peak, you can finish the trip even in the peak hours. (that means at 6.34 or 16.04 at the very latest). This may not apply to all bustrips though

However, on sat/sun/hols these do not apply and thus its a waste buying the full ticket then!

Note that you have to follow the rules as for the common chipcards here: check IN and OUT!! also and for the operator you use!!!-otherwise it tends to block on further trips somehow.

BTW-its not that cheap at all-in nearby Germany, not known for low Publ.Transit fares, most of the provinces offer tickets as this-also valid on all transit, for around 23-30 eur, plus a small extra sum for any fellow travellers. Or about half the price of the dutch version!

On the forum NL on tripadvisor you can find more detailed info on this and any other possible ticket options

Reputatie 3

Note there is a full-day and an off-peak version, which is about 40% cheaper, but as it says ONLY valid off-peak: both am and pm peaks apply. However, as long as you check IN just before the peak, you can finish the trip even in the peak hours. (that means at 6.34 or 16.04 at the very latest). 

This is not correct. 

1. Buy an off-peak Holland Travel Ticket for €43 and travel with it from Monday to Friday before 06:30 and from 09:00 onwards. Valid all day at weekends and public holidays.

Reageer