beantwoord

I got sold tickets when there were no trains

• 20 januari 2018
  • 1 reactie
  • 92 Bekeken

Good afternoon,

On the night of the 31st of December 2017, at exactly 8:45pm I stood outside the centraal station and puchased 3 tickets to the airport hoping that by doing so I would be able to catch the next train and arrive at Schiphol at no later than 11pm, as I was flying to Portugal very early on the 1st of January. The problem is that after purchasing my ticket I tried to get into the station straight away but was stopped by two police officers who were standing by the door saying that there would be no more trains until 2am. I asked them what I should do about my purchased ticket and they said I should contact the customer service at the station, but the customer service office was already closed. With all this in mind, I had to take a last minute cab and spend over 100€ on it which was entirely my fault as I had no idea that the trains wouldn't be running by the time I had to leave the city but I also spent an additional 20€ on the train tickets when NS International did not inform me at any time that the next train would only happen to be running the next day.
I'm not asking for any money back from the cab or anything since I should've left earlier, but I would like to know if I'm entitled to a refund since I got sold tickets for the 31st when there were no more trains and there was nothing written anywhere that could advise me to not waste my money on something that I could not count on. How exactly should I proceed? I have the unused tickets with me and they inform the day and time that I purchased them.

Together with that, I would also like to know how to write a formal complaint about a member of staff in the customer service office of Amsterdam centraal after going through a very upsetting encounter with her earlier today when simply trying to ask the same question above, and having her make fun of me and my question with other members of staff in dutch (hoping that I would not understand, though I did). I'm not going into much details on this because I want this complaint to be done formally but I would like to know if writing a letter is enough or if I should call or write an email to NS International instead?

Thanks in advance
icon

Beste antwoord door Slidestops 20 januari 2018, 16:15

If you kept the tickets, you can get your money back, by contacting the customer service. You can file a complaint that way too. You can reach the customer service on +31307515155 by telephone, or you can contact them via Twitter or Facebook. (English is spoken)

Good luck!
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
If you kept the tickets, you can get your money back, by contacting the customer service. You can file a complaint that way too. You can reach the customer service on +31307515155 by telephone, or you can contact them via Twitter or Facebook. (English is spoken)

Good luck!

Reageer