beantwoord

International Visa Credit card

• 29 mei 2016
  • 2 reacties
  • 209 Bekeken

• Anonymous
  • 0 reacties
I can buy a ticket from Paris to Schiphol using a Visa Credit Card on line but not from Schiphol to Emmen on line. It is time that NS joins the rest of the world and accept online purchases using international credit cards such as Visa and Mastercard. Come on NS, get with it!
icon

Beste antwoord door iMark 29 mei 2016, 16:40

Because there are no seat reservations or flexible fares depending on the date of travel in NL, there is no need to buy tickets in advance. You just turn up at the station and buy your ticket a couple of minutes before departure. Accepting Visa credit cards is not very high on the list of priorities.

A ticket for Thalys is an entirely different type of ticket. It includes the compulsory seat reservation and the fare is calculated depending on date and time of travel and the date of the booking.

There is however the option to book a complete journey from Paris to Emmen with Visa credit card through the webshop of the Belgian railways.
https://www.b-europe.com/Travel
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Badge +3
Because there are no seat reservations or flexible fares depending on the date of travel in NL, there is no need to buy tickets in advance. You just turn up at the station and buy your ticket a couple of minutes before departure. Accepting Visa credit cards is not very high on the list of priorities.

A ticket for Thalys is an entirely different type of ticket. It includes the compulsory seat reservation and the fare is calculated depending on date and time of travel and the date of the booking.

There is however the option to book a complete journey from Paris to Emmen with Visa credit card through the webshop of the Belgian railways.
https://www.b-europe.com/Travel
Hello dalwood.

It is correct that you cannot pay for a ticket within the Netherlands by using a credit-card. I understand that this might seem to cause problems. However, like iMark suggests, it is possible to buy a ticket at the vending machines by using your credit-card. I advise to use this option.

Reageer