beantwoord

One way ticket check in/check out

• 10 August 2021
  • 6 reacties
  • 89 Bekeken

• Sprinter
  • 3 reacties

Hey, since my Dutch is still pretty expandable, I‘ll do this in English. If I want to interrupt my journey (using a one-way ticket), let‘s say in Amsterdam, do I have to check out there and then check in again when I continue travelling or do I stay checked in? I really want to avoid any problems in case the gates to the platforms are closed and I have to open them to get to the train. Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 10 August 2021, 10:02

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Badge +3

You check out when you leave the station and check in again later.

Dank je wel! I was kind of frightened I wouldn’t get to check in again, but yeah, since the ticket has saved that I‘m going to a destination further away it makes sense.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

depends on what ticket you use:

on the chipcard with money loaded, you can break for 35 mins max, otherwise the trip 2 is considered as a new journey=higher fare.

Hmm-keep this quiet-on a ticket bought from the machine the route paid for is not inscripted in, it allows you to do unlimited checkINs/OUT for a whole day anywhere in NL-except that if found off route by a conductor, you will be fined.

On a print/fone ticket you cannot check in/out (as one needs a card with a chip inside to do that) but you can open SOME gates as instructed on that type of ticket. BREAK of journey as such is only allwoed IF that station is on the logical route from A to B-and here in NL these restrictions are far, far more stringent as they are in the UK with ex-BR/ATOC

depends on what ticket you use:

on the chipcard with money loaded, you can break for 35 mins max, otherwise the trip 2 is considered as a new journey=higher fare.

Hmm-keep this quiet-on a ticket bought from the machine the route paid for is not inscripted in, it allows you to do unlimited checkINs/OUT for a whole day anywhere in NL-except that if found off route by a conductor, you will be fined.

On a print/fone ticket you cannot check in/out (as one needs a card with a chip inside to do that) but you can open SOME gates as instructed on that type of ticket. BREAK of journey as such is only allwoed IF that station is on the logical route from A to B-and here in NL these restrictions are far, far more stringent as they are in the UK with ex-BR/ATOC

Bedankt! I’m not from the UK but from Germany, it’s pretty strict here too, in long distance traffic you usually can’t even take a train later or something like that. Anyways, since I‘ll be using a ticket from the machine I won’t have any problems then, but the station where I wanted to interrupt my journey is on the logical route anyways, so I‘m doing nothing wrong dear NS ;). 

Badge +3

With a ticket from a machine or an online e-ticket, there will be no problem at all to interrupt a journey (e.g. A-B-C with a stop at B), as long as B is a stop at the route A-C.

When travelling using an ov-chipcard (either with or without a subscription), and more than 35 minutes outside the gates (check-out followed by check-in) at B, a journey will be split up in two single rides (A-B and B-C), which costs more.

A ticket from a machine is best, because it has no peak-hours restrictions like e-tickets.

With a ticket from a machine or an online e-ticket, there will be no problem at all to interrupt a journey (e.g. A-B-C with a stop at B), as long as B is a stop at the route A-C.

When travelling using an ov-chipcard (either with or without a subscription), and more than 35 minutes outside the gates (check-out followed by check-in) at B, a journey will be split up in two single rides (A-B and B-C), which costs more.

A ticket from a machine is best, because it has no peak-hours restrictions like e-tickets.

Dank je wel!

Reageer