beantwoord

Refund for ticket and fine?

• 12 oktober 2015
  • 1 reactie
  • 144 Bekeken

• Anonymous
  • 0 reacties
Goedendag, this morning I traveled from Utrecht to Schiphol and back. I normally use my OV card but because of the way my company reimburses travel expenses, I purchased a separate one-way ticket from Utrecht to Schiphol. Unfortunately, in my haste, I checked in using my OV card. I realized my mistake so I checked out at Schiphol also using my OV card. I thought that my unused one-way ticket from Utrecht to Schiphol could be used for travel on the same route in the other direction. When I returned to Utrecht, I explained this to the conductor but he told me I was wrong and charged me €8.50 for a new ticket plus the standard €35 fine.

Now I have paid €8.50 for the one-way ticket, €8.50 for a new ticket, and €35 for the fine. Obviously the misunderstanding was mine, but I hope that my intentions were obviously correct too and this was an honest mistake. Is there any way I could get a refund of €43.50?

Dank u wel
icon

Beste antwoord door Sivan NS 12 oktober 2015, 15:01

Hi Cwong, and welcome!

You purchased a ticket for Utrecht - Schiphol, but you also used the OV-chipcard for the same route. Because of that, you tried to use the ticket for Schiphol - Utrecht as well, which resulted in a fine.

Since you used a ticket that can not be used for this journey, you did not have a valid ticket. I advice you to send a letter to our Customer Service, containing the following:

- the original ticket Utrecht - Schiphol. Did you pay by card? Please also send a print out of the payment of the ticket. This should be in your name.
- your card number, that has been used that day
- the number of the fine (or a copy of it)
- your bank account number
- an explanation of what happened

I advice you to pay the bill as soon as you receive it, to avoid further costs.

You can send the letter to:
NS Klantenservice
Afdeling Uitstel van Betaling
Postbus 2372
3500 GJ Utrecht

Good luck!
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Hi Cwong, and welcome!

You purchased a ticket for Utrecht - Schiphol, but you also used the OV-chipcard for the same route. Because of that, you tried to use the ticket for Schiphol - Utrecht as well, which resulted in a fine.

Since you used a ticket that can not be used for this journey, you did not have a valid ticket. I advice you to send a letter to our Customer Service, containing the following:

- the original ticket Utrecht - Schiphol. Did you pay by card? Please also send a print out of the payment of the ticket. This should be in your name.
- your card number, that has been used that day
- the number of the fine (or a copy of it)
- your bank account number
- an explanation of what happened

I advice you to pay the bill as soon as you receive it, to avoid further costs.

You can send the letter to:
NS Klantenservice
Afdeling Uitstel van Betaling
Postbus 2372
3500 GJ Utrecht

Good luck!

Reageer