beantwoord

Train ticket - stopping halfway

• 2 maart 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 78 Bekeken

Hello, 

I have pre paid for a train ticket from den Haag to meppel for off peak hours. 

I now would like to stop off and see a friend in Amsterdam south during my trip to meppel. 

Is this possible to do with the pre paid train ticket?

Looking forward to a reply, 

Thanks, Matt

icon

Beste antwoord door bahnrider 2 maart 2020, 14:45

YES, one can do a stopover at ANY station that the train passes by on the normal route, but not off that. AMS Central Station thus would be off-limits and South or RAI are OK.

Note that with most of these e-tickets on weekdays you MUST have left the train also in the PMpeak from 16.00-18.30 and as this is a long journey, this may effect you. OR you buy a normal full fare ticket for the sector in between those times.

With that dots-code on e-tix you can open the gates taking these tickets if so needed, checkIN+OUT is as such not possible (as this requiers a chipped card).

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge

YES, one can do a stopover at ANY station that the train passes by on the normal route, but not off that. AMS Central Station thus would be off-limits and South or RAI are OK.

Note that with most of these e-tickets on weekdays you MUST have left the train also in the PMpeak from 16.00-18.30 and as this is a long journey, this may effect you. OR you buy a normal full fare ticket for the sector in between those times.

With that dots-code on e-tix you can open the gates taking these tickets if so needed, checkIN+OUT is as such not possible (as this requiers a chipped card).

This is great.

Thankyou very much 

Good afternoon Matt26 and welcome to the NS Community!

That depends on the type of ticket you're using. If you're travelling with a single chipcard that you can buy at a ticket machine, you can’t stop halfway and continue your yourney later.

If, however, you purchased an E-ticket from our website, then yes, this is possible. Amsterdam South lies on the route that you would take from Den Haag to Meppel, so you can stop there and continue the journey later.

Edit: I see bahnrider provided you the same answer while I was typing. :sweat_smile:

Reageer