Unsuccessful registration for OV card weekend plan resulted in unexpected bill | NS Community

Unsuccessful registration for OV card weekend plan resulted in unexpected bill

• 29 May 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 78 Bekeken

Hello NS Community,

I recently moved to the Netherlands and obtained a personal OV card to facilitate my daily commuting. Excited about exploring different cities during weekends and public holidays, I promptly registered for the weekend plan, which costs €34.5. However, after three weeks of traveling, I was shocked to discover that my registration hadn't been successful. Consequently, I received an unexpectedly high bill at the end of the month.

I deeply regret not double-checking my subscription status, but being relatively new to the country, I am still navigating through various processes and procedures. Now, I am faced with the dilemma of having to pay the additional charges that were not part of my initial plan.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance on how to rectify this situation and possibly receive a refund for the excess amount I was billed. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thank you in advance for your valuable insights and suggestions. I hope my experience serves as a reminder to others to always double-check their subscriptions and avoid any unexpected financial burden.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Did you first order a personal OV-chipcard on which you later ordered the NS Flex Weekend Vrij subscription? If so, you need to activate the subscription at a machine so it is on your card. If you don't activate it, NS Flex is not on your card and you pay the full price for your travels.

Did you first order a personal OV-chipcard on which you later ordered the NS Flex Weekend Vrij subscription? If so, you need to activate the subscription at a machine so it is on your card. If you don't activate it, NS Flex is not on your card and you pay the full price for your travels.

Hi Momo, thanks for the heads-up! I believe I did click on the weekend subscription and perhaps forgot to pick up the order on the machine. I'm wondering if I have a chance to get my full travel bill back since I'm not fully aware of the condition.😔

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi yutiangg,

For requests for refunds you should contact Customer Service directly by phone (030-7515155), chat, Facebook or Twitter. I hope they're willing to reimburse you, fingers crossed 😉

Reageer