beantwoord

Planned work on railway August 5th

• 19 juli 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 180 Bekeken

Hi, I'm Mariano from Panama. I'll be traveling from Schiphol Airport to Nijmegen on August 5th. Now that I try to plan my trip with the NS App, I've noticed that there will be a planned work on that line. Could somebody explain me if that will affect my trip in the railway? Or Do I have to take a bus instead? I would really appreciate your help.

I share with you a screenshot of the information that I read on the app. Thanks.

icon

Beste antwoord door Julian 19 juli 2019, 06:21

The journey planner shows alterations only 10 days in advance, so I would advice you to plan your journey again next Friday, just to be sure that there aren't any other alterations.
Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 4
As I understand it, train traffic on your specific route won't be affected. The Reisplanner does warn of work on the route when I plan your journey, but it does not state that your train service will not be operating. So I would assume that you will be able to travel between Schiphol and Nijmegen, and that the works only affect other train services in the area.

Then again, NS's systems and apps aren't exactly clear on this sort of thing. There's a lot of ambiguity in the way they convey this information.
The journey planner shows alterations only 10 days in advance, so I would advice you to plan your journey again next Friday, just to be sure that there aren't any other alterations.
Hello Marianomolina and welcome to the NS Community.

The specific impact on your train journey will not be visible for another few days. As Julian mentioned, the actual changes will be implemented about 10 days in advance. Does that answer your question?

Reageer