Student travel product - discount during the weekends | NS Community
beantwoord

Student travel product - discount during the weekends

• 19 December 2021
  • 2 reacties
  • 82 Bekeken

Dear NS community,

I hope all of you are doing fine!

I’ve been having a problem with my Student travel product. I have a weekly subscription which means that during the week I travel for free.

However, during the weekends I am entitled to travel with 40% discounts. I noticed that it works whenever I am using trams, buses, and metros. Unfortunately, the discount isn’t applied when I am traveling by train.

Would anyone of you know why my discount is not counted for train?

If it helps I also have NS flex on my OV - maybe this is the reason why? 

Thank you in advance for the help! 

Best wishes,

Agnieszka Wojdyła 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 19 December 2021, 10:54

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

I also have NS flex on my OV - maybe this is the reason why?

Yes, that is the reason why. You need to contact customer service directly to end NS Flex and remove it from your card at a ticket machine, and travel on credit outside the periods where you can travel for free. NS Flex and the student travel product cannot be combined on one card (well, technically they can, as you have noticed, but then the student travel product won't work properly).

Usually, contacting customer service dlrectly is most easily done by phone, as they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also try to contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on Twitter or Facebook.

Perfect, thanks so much for the quick help! :) 

Badge +3

I also have NS flex on my OV - maybe this is the reason why?

Yes, that is the reason why. You need to contact customer service directly to end NS Flex and remove it from your card at a ticket machine, and travel on credit outside the periods where you can travel for free. NS Flex and the student travel product cannot be combined on one card (well, technically they can, as you have noticed, but then the student travel product won't work properly).

Usually, contacting customer service dlrectly is most easily done by phone, as they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also try to contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on Twitter or Facebook.

Reageer