Travel refund | NS Community

Travel refund

• 23 February 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 84 Bekeken

Good afternoon!

There was no train between Den Bosch and Breda on Friday 17 February due to some kind of accident. 
Normally I spend € 9,60 for the train 's-Hertogenbosch-Breda and € 3,45 for the bus Breda, Centraal Station-Etten-Leur, Vijfhuizenweg. Total € 13,05.

Because of this accident, instead of my usual trip, I spent more than 2 hours on the road and € 35.71. My crazy route (which really upset me) is in the picture.
's-Hertogenbosch-Best-Tilburg-Breda-Vijfhuizenweg.
This amount (€ 35,71) includes the fact that the system did not count my checkout at Best. I have been charged € 20, which I cannot refund through my personal account. There is an error in the second picture.

Can you please recalculate my money for this trip so that it is € 13.05, which I usually pay? 

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

No, we can't. You have to contact the customerservice by Phone, Twitter, Facebook or chat.

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

There is a missing check-in towards Best because you checked out in ‘s-Hertogenbosch.

NS Customer Service can correct the € 20,00 to € 5,50 (the cost for ‘s-Hertogenbosch - Best).

Unfortunately, the € 7,32 for an Arriva bus to TIlburg cannot be reimbursed.

You also want to file a claim for the delay, see https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html This will result in € 9,60 back when approved.

Use the form without Mijn NS and fill in ‘s-Hertogenbosch - Breda, with 8:12 as the departure time and Breda as the station where you got off the train.

The claim will probably be rejected at first, but you can reply to the e-mail with an explanation (include the screenshot above).

Reageer