beantwoord

Asking for payment 6 months after my travel !!!

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 105 Bekeken

I got this message few days back:

"Today you received an extra invoice. This concerns an invoice for a trip that you have previously made, but which has not yet been charged. The amount on the invoice is correct, only the explanation was missing. We find that very annoying, and we apologize for that. We would like to provide you with more information in this email.
Why did you receive this invoice?
We have discovered that we have not invoiced you for a train journey you have made recently. It was our intention to charge these costs on your monthly Flex Invoice with a clear explanation. Something went wrong there: today you received a separate invoice that was not clear enough."

However I have not travelled in NS since Oct-2023 ! I moved out of Netherlands back to my home country on 20th Oct 2023. After clearing all my payments in Nov'23, I closed my ABN Amro bank account. So now that you are raisog this invoice against my travel more than 6 months back, I simply can not pay. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Lorena NS 10 April 2024, 13:57

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

According to NS’ term and conditions, they can only send invoices until 3 months after the travel date. This means there's no obligation to pay.

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi Santoshkarki and welcome to the NS Community! 

This had happend to a lot of travellers this month. The costs should be right, you can check your previous invoices for this. NS may still invoice costs up to 2 years after the travel date (general terms and conditions 14.1). NS strives to do this on the invoice monthly, but unfortunately this is not always possible. If you receive the email that the direct debit was unsuccessful, you can contact our customer service. They can provide you with the payment details so that you can transfer the amount yourself.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

This had happend to a lot of travellers this month. The costs should be right, you can check your previous invoices for this. NS may still invoice costs up to 2 years after the travel date (general terms and conditions 14.1).

3 months after the travel date, the NS Flex invoice is final. See NS Flex terms and conditions 13.5.

In case of conflicting conditions, the one most favourable to the consumer applies (general consumer law).

So there's still no obligation to pay.

Reputatie 7
Badge

Also in general a more specific term takes precedence over a more general one, hence the specific terms for NS Flex should take precedence over the general terms and conditions.

Reageer