beantwoord

Cancelling subscription

• 9 June 2023
  • 10 reacties
  • 197 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties

Hi, 

I just cancelled the NS Flex weekend Vrij subscription (on 09.06.2023). However, last month I was billed for this subscription until 28.06.2023. Upon cancelling, do I get a refund of the unused period of subscription? Or can I still use the weekend vrij until 28.06?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Beste antwoord door mrfreeze 9 June 2023, 14:11

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi Matts,

Your subscription was cancelled immediately and you'll get a refund for the unused period.

Badge +3

The (credit) invoice after changing your subscription usually follows the night after you changed it.

I changed mine yesterday at 6:08 PM, got a confirmation at 6:21 PM and the invoice arrived at 2:42 AM today.

Because of maintenance work at the webshop until 12 June, your invoice may be delayed. Anyhow, you will get about € 22,55 back (or more if you had 1st class or the 40% discount on weekdays).

Badge +3

This community is meant as a place where travellers can be helped by other travellers. We are not NS employees, do not have access to customer data and cannot end subscriptions.

You should contact customer service directly for this. This can be done by phone; they are available 24/7 at 030-751 51 55. You may also contact them by chat (click the link Chat with NS on this page) or by sending a message on Twitter or Facebook.

I cancelled my NS weekend flex via the NS app however it is still showing on my next months invoice to pay. Why would this be?  It’s impossible to get ahold of anyone via the chat

Badge +3

You cannot cancel a subscription in the app, so it seems like you did not properly end it. You can change your subscription to NS Flex Basis, effectively ending it, via Mijn NS (the website). In particular, the option in the app settings where you can select your subscription only changes the fares that are shown in the app, not your actual subscription.

In addition to that: only trust the actual pdf invoices, not the widget in the app showing the subscription costs next to the travel costs incurred in the current month. This widget is notoriously broken and often shows incorrect subscription costs, especially after a change of subscription.

Thank you. So just to confirm if it is done in Mijn NS on the website then this is sufficient and it does not need to be validated at a machine? 

Badge +3

Yes, changes within NS Flex are effective immediately and do not have to be (cannot be) confirmed at a ticket machine. You will receive an email stating that the change has taken effect, and at any time you can look at Mijn NS (the website) to see which subscription, if any, is active.

Hi ,I want to cancel my subscription in Ns Dal Voordeel because im flying to another country next week and cannot use it anymore ,Can I cancel it in specific date like 1 day before my flight and pay ut right away?or wait for my invoice ?thanks for the response.

Badge +3

Hi ,I want to cancel my subscription in Ns Dal Voordeel because im flying to another country next week and cannot use it anymore ,Can I cancel it in specific date like 1 day before my flight and pay ut right away?or wait for my invoice ?thanks for the response.

That depends if you have NS Flex or travel on balance. NS Flex cannot be cancelled in advance but can be switched to Basic at any moment, via Mijn NS.

Reageer