Charges incurred due to wrong information provided by NS agent

• 8 March 2022
  • 2 reacties
  • 87 Bekeken

Hi All, I’m seeking an opinion on a unique case:

I spoke with a NS support agent on Feb 4, and he advised me to activate weekend vrij subscription via NS mobile app, even guided me how to do it via app on a call. I selected the subscription. Now after a month I checked my online NS account via app and noticed that I have been charged for all the travels I took over the weekends in a whole month (I traveled a lot, that’s why I took subscription). 
Now I have requested the customer care to correct it and they informed me that the agent has misinformed and we don’t have any remark on the account and all charges can not be refunded/returned. They are not providing any resolution, NS app is also official app, however now they are denying everything. I even asked them to listen to the call recording from that day with exact time, but they kept saying sorry we can’t do anything.

Can someone advice what shall I do, Shall I just forget and leave it or take some action or escalate? Anyone has faced any similar situation, maybe they can provide their advice on how to escalate and resolve.

Thank you.

2 reacties

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

It’s simply not possible to activate a subscription in the NS app. You can only set any subscription there to show the correct prices in the planner.

Since this happened recently, I would demand to get the call recording/transcript to prove you were completely misinformed, and then ask for a refund from that date for all your train travels in the weekend (Fri 18.30 - Mon 04:00).

If NS is not willing to cooperate, file a complaint at OV Ombudsman or the Geschillencommissie, or -depending on the amount- consider a lawsuit, which can take a long time and a lot of effort.

Welcome to the NS Community!

It’s simply not possible to activate a subscription in the NS app. You can only set any subscription there to show the correct prices in the planner.

Since this happened recently, I would demand to get the call recording/transcript to prove you were completely misinformed, and then ask for a refund from that date for all your train travels in the weekend (Fri 18.30 - Mon 04:00).

If NS is not willing to cooperate, file a complaint at OV Ombudsman or the Geschillencommissie, or -depending on the amount- consider a lawsuit, which can take a long time and a lot of effort.

I was not aware, that’s what I asked them to look into the call recording and they are saying those are only for training purpose, we cant’ look into the recordings. 

Reageer