beantwoord

(English) cancel my flex subscription due to corona

• 12 November 2021
  • 11 reacties
  • 222 Bekeken

Hi,

I just subscribed to unlimited monthly subscription. However, the government just introduced partial lockdown today. This makes my travel journey extremely limited. Would that be possible to cancel it and get reimbursement/refund?

Thanks for the help

Best regards, DedeP

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 13 November 2021, 07:20

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Badge +3

You could invoke the season ticket cooling-off period to cancel the subscription and be reimbursed for the season ticket costs. Note that for any travels you already made with the season ticket you will then be charged the full fare.

Hi Tochijo,

I called them and just found out that my case is different since I am switching within the subscription so the season ticket cooling-off period does not apply to me since it is only apply when the first time I subscribe :(. Nevertheless, your answer is correct! and thanks for the help :)

Badge +3

I had the same situation, and was informed differently through various channels.

After some discussion and research, it turns out a change in subscription/season ticket (e.g. changing NS Flex from Basic to Weekend Free) *does* entitle you to cancel it within 14 days for any reason e.g. ‘turns out I don’t need it (anymore)’.

Of course, any received discount or free travel in those (max. 14) days need to be paid by you as if you didn’t have any subscription, no matter what your previous subscription/plan was.

In practice, they sometimes cancel the subscription per the moment of contact and you will be reimbursed the subscription costs for the remaining period only, while keeping your discount or free travel before that.

I had the same situation, and was informed differently through various channels.

After some discussion and research, it turns out a change in subscription/season ticket (e.g. changing NS Flex from Basic to Weekend Free) *does* entitle you to cancel it within 14 days for any reason e.g. ‘turns out I don’t need it (anymore)’.

Of course, any received discount or free travel in those (max. 14) days need to be paid by you as if you didn’t have any subscription, no matter what your previous subscription/plan was.

In practice, they just cancel the subscription per the moment of contact and you will be reimbursed the subscription costs for the remaining period only, while keeping your discount for any travel before that.

Really? The person that I spoke to said it is not possible to cancel the subscription right now and I just have to wait until 4th of December to cancel it. He even said that according to the rule, he is not allowed to cancel it. Do you have any advice what I should do next? Thanks

Badge +3

Your best bet is to keep trying.

It’s totally possible and even mandatory (by law), unless you changed your subscription at a manned service desk.

The page @Tochjo mentioned is clear but the way NS handles a request may vary (full refund with travel discount settled or just the remaining days back and discount kept).

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Indeed, keep trying and refer to the page mentioned by @Tochjo. You could also try via Facebook chat; that makes it a bit easier to show this page.

If you mention that you want to use your right of withdrawal (herroepingsrecht), then we are indeed obliged to cancel your subscription if you are in the first 14 days. This also applies to changes made to your subscription. It does mean a cancellation, so no change back to what you've had before. If you try again I'm hopeful that they will help you with this. Otherwise you can send me a private message and I will help you. 

Badge +3

Thanks @Maxime NS, and of course the cancellation would most likely be a change to NS Flex Basic, instead of cancelling NS Flex altogether.

Thanks all for the help!! I will try again using Facebook or via chat. If it is still does not work, @Maxime NS I will take your offer :)

UPDATE: 

I had chat with NS staff and they have changed my NS Flex Altijd Vrij to NS Flex Basic and would get a me full reimbursement (minus the trip that I had). Thanks for the NS community :slight_smile:

PS: I am new to this community, so please do let me know if I need to close this discussion or do something else :)

Badge +3

No need to do anyrhing, this topic will remain with status ‘answered’.

Reageer