beantwoord

How to avoid double billing when changing subscription for the first time

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 459 Bekeken

Hi everyone!

So I’m new to this NS Flex system and I recently purchased a Weekend Vrij subscription which is valid from April 11th. After this first month, I would like to change to the 0€ subscription since I won’t be using the train at all during the next month.

My concern is that if I can only change my subscription after a month has passed, on what date should I exactly change my subscription in order to avoid being charged the 34,70€ cost of the previous Weekend Vrij one again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Aitor P.

icon

Beste antwoord door Maxime NS 19 April 2022, 22:06

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Hello Aitor, welcome to the NS Community. 

You can switch your subscription on May 11th to NS Flex Basis. In most cases you won't be charged for the new month. Most times the next invoice will be made after the starting date. If it is already ready on May 11th, then you will get the subscription fee completely refunded for the new month if you change your subscription per May 11th. 

Hello,

I had a subscription for NS Flex Weekend Free at €34.95 per month, which has been active since July 23rd. However, today, I changed to NS Flex Dal Voordeel at €2.50 per month. Now, I am wondering if I will need to pay for both subscriptions or not. Should I cancel the NS Flex Dal Voordeel subscription and reapply on October 23rd to avoid double payment? I have not used the train since the last payment.

Thank you!

Erika C

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi ErikaC,

If you change your subscription you won't be charged for both subscriptions. The costs will be recalculated on a per-day basis. So you probably will get a refund for the unused period of Weekend Vrij minus the costs of Dal Voordeel.

Reageer