How to cancel your subscription from abroad | NS Community

How to cancel your subscription from abroad

• 2 September 2015
  • 262 reacties
  • 32570 Bekeken

*Last updated: October 5, 2021*

A regular cancellation of an NS subscription needs to be completed at a ticket machine. When you live abroad, an alternative option is available.

Cancel your OV-chipcard
1. Register here. This registration is in Dutch. Fill in a username, your mail address and a password.
2. Report your card as lost or stolen here. Do not ask for a replacement of the card.

Cancel your subscription
2-3 days after cancellation of the card, please contact NS Customer service via Social Media (Facebook/Twitter), Live Chat or by phone (0031 30 75 15 250). Our Customer Service will then be able to completely cancel NS Flex for you.

Keep in mind that if you received a reminder of payment, you do need to pay the subscription fee. After cancellation, a refund of the remaining months will be transferred.

Extra information
- Lost your card? Please contact OV-chipcard through this page.

262 reacties

Good Morning:

I cancelled my subscription last year, I sent my card via mail and had to pay 90 euros because they wouldn't let me cancel my subscription online, even tough I haven't lived in the Netherlands for 2 years now, I thought this subject was already closed but this year AGAIN, they are sending me the bill for 50 euros. And I received emails confirming that I was no longer part of the NS service,
Please, I really don't know what else to do, I do not have my card anymore and I need my subscription cancelled.
Thank you for your time and attention
Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as others i.e. not in the Netherlands anymore, but have received the infamous €9O email because the subscription had been automatically renewed etc.

I had blocked my OV-Chipkaart as was advised here earlier, now could anyone here possibly assist me with terminating the subscription?

Thank you
@WA: the card is cancelled and your contract was already terminated on January 14. No further steps are needed. If you have further questions, please contact me per private message by clicking on my name and 'stuur bericht'.

@Ricardo: could you give me the reference number?

@Madman: the same as Ricardo: please give me the reference number of the contract.
Thanks a lot!!!

You managed to get rid of my problem, that was very helpful!!
Hello,

I would like to terminate the subscription I have on my card (40% discount ) that expires on May 25th. Could you kindly help me with this? My contract number is 13386035. I can also provide the card number if requested. I really do not know how to solve this.

Thank you in advance,
Alina.
Hi Alina,

Can you send me a private message with your cardnumber and your personal details (name, IBAN etc.)? I will have a look.
Hello,

I am writing you with a concern about my NS subscription to the 40% reduction card that I made in autumn 2014 as I was studying in the Netherlands. But I am not living there since last August now and my ING bank account which was linked to my card is also closed.

I have received an email about a 90 EUR bill for a card which I have not used even once since last August, when I moved away.

Could you please help me to close the card as I am not entirely sure if I have my card anymore, but I would like to end my subscription as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance!
Kati
Hi Kati. Did you block the card already? After that i can cancel your subscription. Please send me a private message with your personal details and if possible cardnumer.
Hi Kati. Did you block the card already? After that i can cancel your subscription. Please send me a private message with your personal details and if possible cardnumer.

I am having a similar situation. I already sent you a private message, please help cancelling everything. I really do not want any emails charging me anymore. I have left the countries for 2 years already. Thanks.
Hi, I have the same issue with everyone, I had a discount card that I used 2012-April 2013 and I haven't been back to the Netherlands since. The subscription apparently automatically renewed and I was contacted by Syncasso regarding a collection on unpaid balance. I've been trying to contact NS to cancel the subscription + dispute the bill as it could be proven that the card clearly was not used since + my residence has been outside of the country during the entire time.

Could someone please reply to this?
Hi Rapha, i'm sorry to read this. Did you already block your OV-Chipcard? After that is done we can cancel your subscription. When you've blocked the card please send me a private message with your personal details and OV-Chipcardnumber. Then i will see what i can do for you.
Hi Rapha, i'm sorry to read this. Did you already block your OV-Chipcard? After that is done we can cancel your subscription. When you've blocked the card please send me a private message with your personal details and OV-Chipcardnumber. Then i will see what i can do for you.

Hello Miriam, I've sent you a PM.
Hello!

I am facing a similar problem. I wish to cancel my Dal Voordeel from abroad as I don't live in the Netherlands anymore. I tried once to cancel it by sending a cancellation request by post and I received the first email about the cancellation, but since I wasn't travelling back to the Netherlands I couldn't verify the cancellation on a terminal and the annual charge remained... I have not travelled to the Netherlands since.

Having found this forum discussion, I tried to block my card so I could then ask for help here, but the OV website does not recognise the information of my card. This could be because recently I received emails from OV warning me that if I don't take action the card will be cancelled (it has not expired yet, but it may be considered cancelled in their system, because I didn't want to renew it and hence took no action).

Could you please check if the subscription can be cancelled? I can send you my personal details and OV card information by personal message.

Please let me know who I could contact by pm. Thank you in advance!
Any moderators around? I'm still waiting for a response.
Rapha, I will send Miriam a reminder. Keep in mind that we do not work every day and/or are occupied with other tasks, so you might have to wait a few days for an answer.
Nas, you can send me a private message.
Rapha, I will send Miriam a reminder. Keep in mind that we do not work every day and/or are occupied with other tasks, so you might have to wait a few days for an answer.

Thank you, Syncasso, the collection agency, had given me a deadline for the 24th but hasn't replied to my subsequent response (nor had I heard from NS) so that's why I'm rushing.
Hello!!
I want to cancel my card because I dont live in the Netherlands. I have done what you said up to say that I lost, but I'm calling customer support and do not pick up the phone. supposedly it is already off the card?
Thanks
A gretting!!
Hi Marta, the line should be available. You can also contact us via Twitter (@NS_online), Facebook or chat .
Hi Marta, the line should be available. You can also contact us via Twitter (@NS_online), Facebook or chat .

I am trying vía chat and phone but it is impossible, phone is alway bussy And chat too
Hi,

Last year, when I lived in the Netherlands, I had a subscription at NS. When I left the Netherlands, I was under the impression that I cancelled this subscription. However, I recently recieved an invoice from NS, charging me for another year. How do I go about this?

My referentienummer is 12859305.

Thank you in advance
Nifrek, did you read the first comment in this topic? Please follow the instructions mentioned in this topic.
I can't seem to report the card lost, as I haven't registered it at ov-chipkaart.nl, and I don't have the card anymore, so I can't check the cardnumber.

Is there a chance that I will be asked to pay for another year's subscription? This would be really inconvenient, especially since I was under the impression that the subscription was ended.
@nifrek
NS should be able to tell you the card number. You will need to pay until the subscription is ended, but you will get remaining months of a paid year refunded.
So in reality I will have to pay for the subscription, and then cancel the subscription (how do I do this?) whereupon I will receive a full reimbursment?

Reageer