beantwoord

NS season ticket has been terminated due to payment arrears

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 189 Bekeken

Hi everyone,

I received an email which says that they will terminate my card with the subscription and transfer the outstanding claim to a collection agency. Any other outstanding claims related to the terminated subscription will also be transferred to the collection agency. The collection agency will inform you about this shortly.

But during summer I didn’t use the card and they charged me 20 euros, later they declined the payment. I didn’t understood what happened but I thought maybe they didn’t charged the amound because I didn’t use the card. Unfortunately, now they terminated my card.

Did it happen with somebody else? Do you know with whom can I talk or what can I do?

icon

Beste antwoord door Tamzin 29 August 2023, 05:05

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Your subscription was ended and your debt was handed over to the collection agency after your (automatic) payment was due many weeks and after you had got a couple of warnings. So it can't be a surprise.

You have of course to pay the costs for your season ticket until you terminate it, whether you use it or not.

This is the normal procedure. Once the final deadline was passed your debt has been taken over by the collection agency and for NS the case is closed. The collection agency will now make sure you pay and also charge you an additional fee to cover their cost.

Until the collection agency gives NS the green light that you have paid your debt you will not be able to apply for a new subscription.

Because the case is closed for NS you deal from now onwards only with the collection agency. 

Hi, regarding this issue I was wondering how much the collection agency would charge for the extra collection service and fine? except the amount of debt that I should pay before

Badge +3

These so-called extrajudicial collection costs are regulated by law. In the table on this page you can see what the debt collection agency may charge extra; for amounts no higher than 2500 euros, which is probably true for the amount you owe NS, this is 15 percent of the amount due, with a minimum of 40 euros.

Reageer