Refund of Charges Used for Failing to Activate NS Flex on OV-chipkaart | NS Community
beantwoord

Refund of Charges Used for Failing to Activate NS Flex on OV-chipkaart

• 23 June 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 174 Bekeken

I am a Korean living in Groningen. Last week, I applied for and purchased a "Weekend Free" subscription from NS Flex on the NS website. And my family went to Amsterdam last Saturday.
However, today I received an email from NS stating that I made a big mistake. I had no idea that I had to go through the process of adding "Weekend Free" to my OV-Chipkaart. "Weekend Free" was added to OV-Chipkaart today.
My family's trip last week did not receive any "weekend free" benefits, so the normal rate was paid at OV-Chipkaart.
Let me ask you my question. Can I get a refund for the train fare I paid for last Saturday?

icon

Beste antwoord door Aurora NS 24 June 2022, 10:21

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi ykchoi and welcome to the NS Community! 

How unfortunate that you had to make extra costs by not activating the contract on the OV-chipcard. It is possible to get a refund when you travel without the contract for 3 times a year. You can contact our costumer service to get a refund or you can fill in this form

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but did your family travel on your personal OV-Chipkaart? Or did you visit your family in Amsterdam?

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but did your family travel on your personal OV-Chipkaart? Or did you visit your family in Amsterdam?

We are a family of 4 with 8 and 6 year old children. My wife and I each had our own OV-Chipkaart and traveled from Groningen to Amsterdam by train.

We placed an NS Flex subscription on our personal OV-Chipkaart, but traveled without activating an NS Flex subscription on that card. So, for the train fare, the Balance in the personal OV-Chipkaart was used.

Hi ykchoi and welcome to the NS Community! 

How unfortunate that you had to make extra costs by not activating the contract on the OV-chipcard. It is possible to get a refund when you travel without the contract for 3 times a year. You can contact our costumer service to get a refund or you can fill in this form

We placed an NS Flex subscription on our personal OV-Chipkaart, but traveled without activating an NS Flex subscription on that card. So, for the train fare, the Balance in the personal OV-Chipkaart was used.
Doesn't the refund request you mentioned apply to the case of an anonymous OV-Chipkaart? In the case of an individual OV-Chipkaart like us, how can I apply for a refund?

The refund request also applies to a personal card. If you contact Customer Service they can sort you right out!

Hello,
I am in the same situation but I have been travelling every weekend for 3 weeks. I did not know I had to activate something for which I am already paying, I don’t speak dutch yet so I did not understand any communication on the matter. The customer service does not seem to want to help me. I don’t know what to do. Can you help me?

Reputatie 6

Good evening Jelger12345. Welcome to the NS Community. We can't help you here as we can't look into your data. I can't guarantee what's possible for you at this time, but I can recommend contacting customer service once more to have this checked again.

Reageer