Refund of Charges Used for Failing to Activate NS Flex on OV-chipkaart | NS Community
beantwoord

Refund of Charges Used for Failing to Activate NS Flex on OV-chipkaart

• 23 June 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 174 Bekeken

I am a Korean living in Groningen. Last week, I applied for and purchased a "Weekend Free" subscription from NS Flex on the NS website. And my family went to Amsterdam last Saturday.
However, today I received an email from NS stating that I made a big mistake. I had no idea that I had to go through the process of adding "Weekend Free" to my OV-Chipkaart. "Weekend Free" was added to OV-Chipkaart today.
My family's trip last week did not receive any "weekend free" benefits, so the normal rate was paid at OV-Chipkaart.
Let me ask you my question. Can I get a refund for the train fare I paid for last Saturday?

icon

Beste antwoord door Aurora NS 24 June 2022, 10:21

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 6

Good evening Jelger12345. Welcome to the NS Community. We can't help you here as we can't look into your data. I can't guarantee what's possible for you at this time, but I can recommend contacting customer service once more to have this checked again.

Hello,
I am in the same situation but I have been travelling every weekend for 3 weeks. I did not know I had to activate something for which I am already paying, I don’t speak dutch yet so I did not understand any communication on the matter. The customer service does not seem to want to help me. I don’t know what to do. Can you help me?

The refund request also applies to a personal card. If you contact Customer Service they can sort you right out!

Hi ykchoi and welcome to the NS Community! 

How unfortunate that you had to make extra costs by not activating the contract on the OV-chipcard. It is possible to get a refund when you travel without the contract for 3 times a year. You can contact our costumer service to get a refund or you can fill in this form

We placed an NS Flex subscription on our personal OV-Chipkaart, but traveled without activating an NS Flex subscription on that card. So, for the train fare, the Balance in the personal OV-Chipkaart was used.
Doesn't the refund request you mentioned apply to the case of an anonymous OV-Chipkaart? In the case of an individual OV-Chipkaart like us, how can I apply for a refund?

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but did your family travel on your personal OV-Chipkaart? Or did you visit your family in Amsterdam?

We are a family of 4 with 8 and 6 year old children. My wife and I each had our own OV-Chipkaart and traveled from Groningen to Amsterdam by train.

We placed an NS Flex subscription on our personal OV-Chipkaart, but traveled without activating an NS Flex subscription on that card. So, for the train fare, the Balance in the personal OV-Chipkaart was used.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but did your family travel on your personal OV-Chipkaart? Or did you visit your family in Amsterdam?

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi ykchoi and welcome to the NS Community! 

How unfortunate that you had to make extra costs by not activating the contract on the OV-chipcard. It is possible to get a refund when you travel without the contract for 3 times a year. You can contact our costumer service to get a refund or you can fill in this form

Reageer