When to start the journey before rush hours start? | NS Community
beantwoord

When to start the journey before rush hours start?

• 20 February 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 3715 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie

Hello all,

I just signed up for “NS Flex Dal Voordeel” last month (40% discount for off-peak hours).

Today, I was checking the invoice, and saw that one of the journeys counted as rush hour trip.

Could you please help me to understand how it works?

I took the metro from Amsterdam Weesperplein Station, then checked out in the platfrom from GVB machine. Then, checked in for NS from the platform again. Then, I went to the Utrecht Overvecht via Utrecht Centraal.

The rush hour starts at 18:30, and my check in for NS was at 18:04.

As much as I understand, I should be charged off-peak rate as long as I check in during off-peak hours (up to 5 minute early check in is also allowed when the rush hour is about to finish)

Thank you in advance.

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 20 February 2022, 14:03

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Badge +3

The rush hour starts at 18:30

No, it ends then. Rush hours are from 6.30 to 9.00 am and from 4.00 to 6.30 pm.

Oh! What a mistake. Thanks so much.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

In fact at each timeslot there is a small advantage for the traveller: 5 mins. This means you can still use the discount UNTILL you checkIN-at the very latest, till 6.34 and 16.04, and again FROM 8.55 and 18.25

That a few mins after 18.00 should be rush=peak hour seems evident to me.

NOTE: there is a snag for people who think they are smarter as NS: it is NOT possible to combine discount after a shorter rush-hour trip: if you check OUT and IN whithin 35 kmins afte last checkOUT it still counts as 1 continuous trip, with a break.

Reageer