beantwoord

BRUSSELS CENTRAL-Schiphol Airport NS train Cancelled ON MAY 5

• 7 May 2024
  • 8 reacties
  • 156 Bekeken

I pre-booked an NS train departing from Brussels Central at 16:49 on May 5 and arriving at Schiphol Airport. I pre-booked to catch the train leaving for Korea after arriving at the airport by 7 p.m., but the train was canceled 20 minutes before departure.
Since then, all Eurostar trains to the airport have been sold out, and NS trains have also been unavailable. Time was running out, so I had no choice but to take a taxi. I paid a whopping 354.40 euros to get to Rottredam and managed to catch a direct train to the airport. With this much money, I can enjoy three more days of travel, and it's the same as my monthly living expenses in my country.
Brussels Information station did not provide a reason for the cancellation, nor did it provide an alternative due to the urgency of time. Traveling to the Netherlands and Belgium was wonderful, but their transportation system was terrible.
I want to know the reason why the train was canceled, and I wonder if I can get compensation.

icon

Beste antwoord door Seinhuis 7 May 2024, 14:14

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

This service is a combined service of Belgian and Dutch Railways. Belgian Railways is responsible for running the train in Belgium, Dutch Railways for running the train in The Netherlands.

Since it went wrong in Brussels I'm afraid you will have to contact Belgian Railways NMBS/SNCB.

Contrary to what you say the next train one hour later (17.49) has ran normally according to the train statistics.

According to EU-regulations you're in this case entitled to a reimbursement of 25% of the price of your ticket. The taxi costs will not be compensated. 

I bought an Intercity direct 9255 train ticket through the NS International app. The Brussels Information station told me that the train was canceled in the Netherlands. Do I still have to deal with this at Belgian Railways?

I bought an Intercity direct 9255 train ticket through the NS International app. The Brussels Information station told me that the train was canceled in the Netherlands. Do I still have to deal with this at Belgian Railways?

That the train was cancelled in the Netherlands on its way to Brussels is as such irrelevant.

But if you bought your ticket via NS international then you should contact them to get your 25% back.

Reputatie 5

Contrary to what you say the next train one hour later (17.49) has ran normally according to the train statistics.

Why did you take a taxi when the next train was running? You still had more than enough time to travel to Schiphol Airport.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3

You have taken a taxi without contact with the customerservice. The cost are for yourself.

Why did you take a taxi when the next train was running? You still had more than enough time to travel to Schiphol Airport.

I checked the train cancellation at around 4:30 p.m., and Eurostar was sold out when I checked the time of the next train with the NS app. No direct NS train was booked with the app, and the transfer train was not available because of the timed schedule. I took a taxi because I was afraid I might miss my flight.

Reputatie 3

Intercity from 1 hour later did run, see this site.

You can only file a claim due to a 1 hour delay (25% of your ticket price of the train). This can be done with this form. Choose in step 2 Other international trains if you purchased a separate ticket, or Interrail or Eurail with a Europe ticket.

I checked the train cancellation at around 4:30 p.m., and Eurostar was sold out when I checked the time of the next train with the NS app. No direct NS train was booked with the app, and the transfer train was not available because of the timed schedule. I took a taxi because I was afraid I might miss my flight.

If a train is cancelled, your ticket allows you to take the next NS train, sold out or not. Just board the train.

Reageer