beantwoord

Treinwijzer niet beschikbaar

• 8 June 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 75 Bekeken

Hi, Earlier there used to be an option to register train journey. I don’t see it anymore. Is it removed?

In that case how does NS estimate how crowded the train will be? For example there are multiple train routes to go from Point A to Point B (Almere Oostvaarders to Utrecht centraal for example. I can take SPR+SPR or SPR+IC+IC)

icon

Beste antwoord door Erryt NS 8 June 2023, 17:16

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

I guess this needs to be used now https://www.ns.nl/en/travel-information/improving-services/reporting-overcrowding-on-the-train.html

Good afternoon curious and welcome to the NS Community.

The ‘Treinwijzer’ was a pilot that we introduced during the Corona pandemic, to give travellers a better way to see how crowded a train is supposed to be, by registering intent to take a specific train. This pilot has since ended, but we still offer a way to check how crowded a train is expected to be.

Crowding can be reported via the app, per the instructions you found yourself, which will then be used to give an estimation on how crowded any train will be. This is shown in the travel planner with this icon. The amount of people shown, together with the colour, will indicate an expectation of how crowded the train is.

This will however, always remain an expectation based on how busy that specific train was on previous days/weeks. It can always vary.

Good afternoon curious and welcome to the NS Community.

The ‘Treinwijzer’ was a pilot that we introduced during the Corona pandemic, to give travellers a better way to see how crowded a train is supposed to be, by registering intent to take a specific train. This pilot has since ended, but we still offer a way to check how crowded a train is expected to be.

Crowding can be reported via the app, per the instructions you found yourself, which will then be used to give an estimation on how crowded any train will be. This is shown in the travel planner with this icon. The amount of people shown, together with the colour, will indicate an expectation of how crowded the train is.

This will however, always remain an expectation based on how busy that specific train was on previous days/weeks. It can always vary.

Clear. My question was about how does NS know how busy(drukte-indicator) the train is last week(s)? Because it if it is calculated based on check-in check-out then that is not correct as there are multiple ways to reach the destination. In Treinwijzer I had the option to specify the route I am going to take but now I dont know how NS calculates this.

We get an idea based on the the reporst that are made via our app. Colleagues on the train also made reports about the crowd.
Badge +3

Some tracks can measure the weight of trains, and of course most platforms have cameras that could (roughly) count how many passengers board or leave a train. Anyway, it’s just an estimate, as was the pilot with pre-registration (which was not mandatory).

A commuter train that usually runs with e.g. 6 carriages but only 3 on a certain day is of course expected to be crowded.

Reageer