Skip to main content

Claims "Geld terug bij vertraging" automatically denied

• 25 June 2024
  • 19 reacties
  • 238 Bekeken

It seems that lately any and EVERY claim on delays get automatically denied.
Tried different means, by Mij NS and on the separate form… all the same.
No matter if you’ve been sitting in the ICD train in the middle of the field for a whole hour, while every 15 minutes the conductor blast the speakers apologizing for the train in front having to restart 3 times the kettle of a locomotive it has (taking into account that every restart takes “only” 15-20 minutes).

And on every denied claim it is not specified the reason. There are metrics on check-in and check-out… do they think that I would hang around the station for hours just to claim a meager amount?…
Do they think that I should just avoid the ICD and take a normal IC? or wait for the next ICD (that most likely gets cancelled or delayed?… and of course counting on a HUGELY overcrowded one when one finally comes.

I’ve been commuting from Rotterdam to Amsterdam for 18 years. I’ve seen everything… only ICs at the beginning… later the failed Fyra… now the ICD… the service since corona has been absolutely a disgrace…

And on top of everything you get gaslighted by a bot denying your claim that you spent hours in the middle of a field…

19 reacties

Vervelend dat je vertraging had.

Indien u gereisd heeft met de Intercity Direct en deze of uw aansluiting vertraging had, kunt u de claim indienen via het online formulier. Dit formulier vindt u via de link https://www.ns.nl/formulieren/geld-terug-bij-vertraging.html. Indien u daar gebruik van gaat maken graag ook aangeven dat u een aanvullend vervoerbewijs heeft, namelijk een Intercity Direct toeslag. Wordt de claim afgewezen door het automatische systeem, dan een direct antwoord geven op de afwijzingsmail, met de reden waarom je denkt wel recht te hebben op geld terug bij vertraging. Dan kijkt er een medewerker er alsnog zelf naar.

Reputatie 1

Hey Ret.Tep… yeap… done that and I’ve been ignored… no answers/reactions to my email yet…

But I also used now the https://trein-vertraging.nl site and claimed around 15 delays (mixed between ICD and normal trains)… all got automatically rejected.
It is ridiculous that we have to go through this process/chase of cat and mouse to claim something that is obvious and IMHO it should be automatically done when using a personalized OV chipkaart. They have the start and end of the journey, when the trains where scheduled and when each left/arrived to each station… we are in 2024. Right now all this automated bot rejection just makes it difficult for people to claim their right. The more the hurdles the less people will be claiming back, the more decay in the service they provide.

Ook al weet de vervoerder je incheck- en uitcheck moment, dan weten ze natuurlijk nooit met welke trein je hebt gereisd. Je kan ook tussentijds wat gegeten of gewacht hebben.

Verder zou ik de site www.trein-vertraging.nl niet gebruiken, al is het maar om de privacy.

De afhandeling door de vervoerder van een reactie op een mail kan vele weken duren...

Reputatie 7
Badge

I'm currently apealing to an incorrect rejection of a claim of my own at the Geschillencommissie and this is one of my complains. It's understandable an automated system cannot approve all claims with the information NS asks but

1. they should ask more information, e.g. what trains you were on;

2. it's stupidly naïve the system declines a claim if you could have been delayed lesw by taking a later train if you couldn't know that at the time you boarded an earlier train that then got delayed;

3. NS shouldn't state people weren't delayed if there system can't understand why they were delayed;

4. NS must ensure they handle claims in time no matter whether an employee needs to look at it;

5. if you complain about a lack of rewponse on a claim, NS should handle that claim within the applicable time limits;

6. if NS finally replies to a claim they should ensure their reply is correct. In my case e.g. I referred to an article in the European Regulation regarding passenger rights and got a reply stating that article didn't exist because they looked in another regulation that is no longer in force and was superceded by the one I actually referenced.

If you don't receive a response within the time NS must pay, a month after you filed your claim, I recommend you file a complaint so you can consider appealing if this isn't handled correctly either. 

Reputatie 7
Badge

Wordt de claim afgewezen door het automatische systeem, dan een direct antwoord geven op de afwijzingsmail, met de reden waarom je denkt wel recht te hebben op geld terug bij vertraging. Dan kijkt er een medewerker er alsnog zelf naar.

Dat zou uiteraard niet nodig moeten zijn. NS mag een terechte claim niet afwijzen en al helemaal niet beweren dat iemand geen vertraging heeft gehad als dat onzin is.

Reputatie 7
Badge

Ook al weet de vervoerder je incheck- en uitcheck moment, dan weten ze natuurlijk nooit met welke trein je hebt gereisd. Je kan ook tussentijds wat gegeten of gewacht hebben.

Dan moeten zij bij het indienen van een clqim meer informatie vragen.

Reputatie 7
Badge

De afhandeling door de vervoerder van een reactie op een mail kan vele weken duren...

Comform de Europese Verordening inzake reizigersrechten moet binnen een maand worden uitbetaald, dus dan is die vervoerder in overtreding.

Reputatie 1

Thank you @Olav93 for the insightful information!!!

Maar anderzijds @Olav93 en @pyramyd , 15 claims ingediend en alle 15 afgewezen. Dan lijkt er toch iets niet goed te gaan bij het invullen en aanvragen van de claims.

Vul je de formulieren wel juist in ? Stuur je een claim niet meer dan één keer in, want je stuurt de claims via verschillende kanalen zo te zien ?

Reputatie 7
Badge

Voor een frequente ICD-reiziger is 15 claims niet zo ondenkbaar met een doorlooptijd van maanden, toch? De reizigerspunctualiteit schijnt daat te zijn gedaald tot zo'n 55%... (https://www.at5.nl/artikelen/227221/10-procent-treinen-te-laat-cs-zuid-amsterdam)

Lees je wel of wil je gewoon maar (veel) reageren @Olav93.

Het gaat er om 15 claims, 15 x afgewezen.

Daar lijkt het fout bij te gaan. Als dat bij iedereen zou gebeuren, zou dit forum vastlopen. De meeste claims worden gewoon automatisch goed beoordeeld.

Reputatie 7
Badge

Natuurlijk lees ik @Ret.tep, waarom denk je van niet? Ik ga toch precies op je vorige reactie in? Mijn beeld is alleen anders dan dat van jou. Daarom beargumenteerde ik dat ik het niet ondenkbaar vindt dat TS 15 claims zou hebben lopen. En dat die onterecht zijn afgekeurd, wil ik op basis van mijn eigen ervaring ook best geloven. Dat gebeurt namelijk bijvoorbeeld al als een gestrande trein bijvoorbeeld is ingehaald door een later vertrokken trein en afgaande op berichten hierover komen strandingen op de HSL nogal eens voor.

Badge +3

For @pyramyd better stay away from https://trein-vertraging.nl and other services, unless you think sharing your Mijn NS or Ov-chipkaart account info and travel history with them is ‘safe'.

Natuurlijk lees ik @Ret.tep, waarom denk je van niet? Ik ga toch precies op je vorige reactie in? Mijn beeld is alleen anders dan dat van jou. Daarom beargumenteerde ik dat ik het niet ondenkbaar vindt dat TS 15 claims zou hebben lopen.

Het feit dat er 15 claims zijn was voor mij helemaal geen punt van discussie. Als @pyramyd dat schrijft, geloof ik dat gewoon....…

Ondanks dat @pyramyd al zeker 18 jaar in Nederland is, schrijft hij nog steeds uitsluitend in het Engels. In Engelstalige landen schrijven ze zaken vaak anders op, zou het daar niet fout gaan ? Ik vul zelden GTBV formulieren in, kan dat ook in het Engels, met bv The Hague voor Den Haag ?

Reputatie 1

For @pyramyd better stay away from https://trein-vertraging.nl and other services, unless you think sharing your Mijn NS or Ov-chipkaart account info and travel history with them is ‘safe'.

TBH… I don’t care about that… nothing to hide, and nothing ‘private’ about my traveling habits…
I was also trying something different since the official/standard means as per NS website don’t work.
In the past (pre corona) I did claim and worked well… post corona they “improved” the system to reject on sight…

Reputatie 1

Natuurlijk lees ik @Ret.tep, waarom denk je van niet? Ik ga toch precies op je vorige reactie in? Mijn beeld is alleen anders dan dat van jou. Daarom beargumenteerde ik dat ik het niet ondenkbaar vindt dat TS 15 claims zou hebben lopen.

Het feit dat er 15 claims zijn was voor mij helemaal geen punt van discussie. Als @pyramyd dat schrijft, geloof ik dat gewoon....…

Ondanks dat @pyramyd al zeker 18 jaar in Nederland is, schrijft hij nog steeds uitsluitend in het Engels. In Engelstalige landen schrijven ze zaken vaak anders op, zou het daar niet fout gaan ? Ik vul zelden GTBV formulieren in, kan dat ook in het Engels, met bv The Hague voor Den Haag ?

Nice @Ret.tep now because I don’t write in dutch I don’t get to claim my rights as NS customer… 🤷🏻

The forms are all in dutch and the stations are all coming from pre-selected options nothing to mess up there… 😜

But, yeah… it must be just me…

Reputatie 1

Badge +3

Keep replying to those rejection mails and they should be reviewed (don’t change the subject of the mail or only change   to a space character).

That could take a month or two, although EU regulation says a (maybe lower) restitution should be granted within a month.

The   html character (non-breaking space) should not be in a mail subject anyway, so something seems broken there. Please change to a space when replying.

Nice @Ret.tep now because I don’t write in dutch I don’t get to claim my rights as NS customer… 🤷🏻

Gelukkig schreef ik dat niet… Ik en anderen wilden slechts ontdekken waarom je claims allemaal worden afgewezen. Ik wens je veel suc6 verder @pyramyd .

Reageer