beantwoord

Poly storm Compensation

• 13 July 2023
  • 14 reacties
  • 272 Bekeken

Hello, I need urgent help. While I was going to go from Amsterdam to Frankfurt on 05.07.2023, I had to postpone my journey to 06.07.2023 due to the Poly storm that occurred. For this reason, it was obliged to buy my flight ticket from Frankfurt to Istanbul on 05.07.2023 on 06.07.2023. Because of this, I had to pay an extra fee to Pegasus Airline. I was informed by the station staff at Amsterdam Centraal and given an information brochure. I stayed at the Leidseplein Hostel for 39 € for one night (one night) accommodation fee. I have the invoice that I stayed in the hostel. What should I do to claim these costs?

icon

Beste antwoord door mrfreeze 13 July 2023, 23:23

Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi Ensar,

See this page for all information: https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/other-items/compensation-storm-poly.html

The train company I used was the deutsche bahn ice 123 train.  In this case, do I still have the right to compensation?  Because that day the attendant at Amsterdam Centraal Station saw my ticket and gave me a brochure and stated that I was entitled to compensation.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

The train company I used was the deutsche bahn ice 123 train.  In this case, do I still have the right to compensation?  Because that day the attendant at Amsterdam Centraal Station saw my ticket and gave me a brochure and stated that I was entitled to compensation.

Sure you have the right to compensation.

Sure you have the right to compensation.

Thank you very much for your reply.  This process is very time consuming for me as I do not speak the language.  This is how I fill out the form.  But it says the ticket number is wrong, but there is no other number.  No matter what I tried.  Why is this ticket number not accepted?  This is my ticket for July 5th.

Another thing I want to know.  Is it necessary to create a separate request for hotel expenses?  There is only one invoice upload field available here.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

There is an English form here:

https://svf.ns.nl/link/compensation-storm-july-5th-en

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

@moderators The ticket options on the form are too limited. The form seems to assume that any ticket would have been a domestic ticket bought through NS, which obviously always excludes part of passengers.

Hi Ensar and welcome in the NS Community! If you faced a delay during an international journey which you booked at NS International, we have a special Refunds for Delays form, which you can find here. All other compensation requests (for example taxi or hotel cost) can be done by filing a complaint. If you need detailed help with your question, it's best to contact the NS International Customer Service.

If you booked at Deutsche Bahn, they have their own refund policy and will probably contact NS in your name if you file a request.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

@Rory NS The NSI complaint form also supposes a booking through NS. That is also too limited, since:

1. Not all complaints involve a booking.
  2. Not all complaints for which NS is responsible involve a booking through NS. E.g. if you travel on Eurail or Interrail, NS would have been responsible for assistance but these passes can be bought in many places.

Point 2 is also valid for the domestic form.

@Rory NS The NSI complaint form also supposes a booking through NS. That is also too limited, since:

1. Not all complaints involve a booking.
  2. Not all complaints for which NS is responsible involve a booking through NS. E.g. if you travel on Eurail or Interrail, NS would have been responsible for assistance but these passes can be bought in many places.

Point 2 is also valid for the domestic form.

For point 2: in most cases the question where you booked the ticket is leading. If you booked at NS International but you had a delay in, for example, a German train, your claim should be done at NS International and we would contact Deutsche Bahn. It also works the other way around. If you booked at DB or Thalys for example, but your delay happened The Netherlands, you should file a claim at the foreign company and they will contact NS. Interrail has its own refund procedure. However, I agree that the process can sometimes be confusing.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Interrail has its own refund procedure. However, I agree that the process can sometimes be confusing.

Interrail will only pay delay compensation. For anything else, they refer to the operators. NS however seem to be making life hard for people who try to file such a claim. That doesn't look very good to me.

Interrail has its own refund procedure. However, I agree that the process can sometimes be confusing.

Interrail will only pay delay compensation. For anything else, they refer to the operators. NS however seem to be making life hard for people who try to file such a claim. That doesn't look very good to me.

We don't try to make life hard. Because we work with many train carriers, the process could be complicated sometimes. For now I will make an internal report of your feedback. It's always good to keep improving the process.

Badge +3

The form seems to accept any 7 letter code, so just put in ZXFQX70 and it should work.

For now I will make an internal report of your feedback. It's always good to keep improving the process.

My sincere thanks to everyone who took the time to contribute.  I have tried the information and links you have shared. After typing the ticket number, now the bank account is not accepted.  I feel like Super Mario, after passing one level, another obstacle appears.

I also applied via WhatsApp. Unfortunately, a healthy application cannot be made from the link provided.

I had a hard time on the day of the storm. When the train services were cancelled that day, I had to buy a new plane ticket and stay an extra night. Moreover, I have all the documents and invoices with me. This train cancellation cost me a total of 130 euros.

I cannot understand why an international bank account number is not accepted.

The issue of compensation is listed on the website both under the poly storm heading and in different ways, but it is complicated.
I wish it was possible to send all documents and invoices to NS officials with a single e-mail.

moderator: removed image containing personal details

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

We don't try to make life hard.

@Rory NS

Of course, Hanlon's razor applies. But all regulars in this community know that the negligence of people from abroad is a common thread in what NS does.

An additional report about not accepting standard IBANs seems appropriate. It is mandatory to accept any IBAN from the EU (and probably from all SEPA countries).

Reageer