A complaint about the train from Rotterdam to Gouda because of the new timetable | NS Community

A complaint about the train from Rotterdam to Gouda because of the new timetable

• 15 December 2021
  • 12 reacties
  • 294 Bekeken

Hello dear forum members,

I’ve driven with the train from Rotterdam Central Station to Gouda for 3 months now.

Since the new timetable has been introduced, the trains are way too short. I’ve had to stand more times than I ever have in the last 3 months. I find it quite odd considering how much money I pay for a train ticket.

It’s never really been a problem but i’ve noticed it since the new timetable. It’s always the Intercity with the terminus of Leeuwarden that is super busy. A 3 car ICM rolling stock gets put in many times in the morning rush hour, so even if I would take the next train it wouldn’t matter. Really quite badly managed.

The evening rush hour train is also terribly short. Not suitable for such a densely populated country as Holland.

I hope the NS can learn and change something about this short train?

Best Regards,

Thomas Compton.

12 reacties

Reputatie 2

I’ve driven with the train from Rotterdam Central Station to Gouda for 3 months now.

Since the new timetable has been introduced, the trains are way too short. I’ve had to stand more times than I ever have in the last 3 months. I find it quite odd considering how much money I pay for a train ticket.

It’s never really been a problem but i’ve noticed it since the new timetable. It’s always the Intercity with the terminus of Leeuwarden that is super busy. A 3 car ICM rolling stock gets put in many times in the morning rush hour, so even if I would take the next train it wouldn’t matter. Really quite badly managed.

The evening rush hour train is also terribly short. Not suitable for such a densely populated country as Holland.

Best Regards,

Thomas Compton.

Welcome to the forum.

It’s a known problem on the trajectory to or from Leeuwarden. The NS has a lot of issues with their rolling stock, so there aren’t enough trains available for every route.

But on this particular route the DDZ train might come back. (Double Decker Zoning)

That will certainly help with the busy train.

You will have to wait and see if it also comes in the rush hour in weekdays.

Best Regards,

Thomas Compton.

Welcome to the forum.

It’s a known problem on the trajectory to or from Leeuwarden. The NS has a lot of issues with their rolling stock, so there aren’t enough trains available for every route.

But on this particular route the DDZ train might come back. (Double Decker Zoning)

The DDZ rolling stock was never on this route. It would surprise me if it would now come out of nowhere?

Where do you get this information from?

And it’s strange that it gets put in on weekends, but not in the rush hour.

No, it’s not strange. It’s absolutely crazy. A more capacitive train in the weekend but not weekdays? Wow.

And thats what I pay full price for?

Reputatie 2

Best Regards,

Thomas Compton.

Welcome to the forum.

The DDZ rolling stock was never on this route. It would surprise me if it would now come out of nowhere?

Where do you get this information from?

And it’s strange that it gets put in on weekends, but not in the rush hour.

No, it’s not strange. It’s absolutely crazy. A more capacitive train in the weekend but not weekdays? Wow.

And thats what I pay full price for?

I’ve gathered the information from a website called treinposities.nl

The exact link is: https://treinposities.nl/bijzonderheden/perserie

You can look at your series of train. In this case it’s series 600, Rotterdam to Leeuwarden.

And I never said it wouldn't get put in on the weekdays, it’s just not known yet. I think this train would be better on series 1800. It’s a segnificantly busier route most of the time.

Reputatie 6
Badge

Based on personal experience: DDZ-stock (double deck) has been deployed on the Rotterdam - Leeuwarden and Rotterdam - Groningen lines from 2017 onwards, combined with ICM-stock (single deck). After a derailment in 2020 and complaints about vibrations at high speed, all DDZ-stock was withdrawn from use in December 2020. Since last weeks after a year of studying solutions and implementing and testing, DDZ is gradually being re-introduced, starting on the Roosendaal-Zwolle route, although some trains have been spotted elsewhere by now. The number of DDZ-trains will be increasing gradually in the upcoming weeks and should be back to normal somewhere next year, allowing for reallocating ICM-stock.

Meanwhile, don't forget to register any overcrowded trains in the ‘druktemelder’ in the NS app. This allows for more accurate planning.

Reputatie 2

Based on personal experience: DDZ-stock (double deck) has been deployed on the Rotterdam - Leeuwarden and Rotterdam - Groningen lines from 2017 onwards, combined with ICM-stock (single deck). After a derailment in 2020 and complaints about vibrations at high speed, all DDZ-stock was withdrawn from use in December 2020. Since last weeks after a year of studying solutions and implementing and testing, DDZ is gradually being re-introduced, starting on the Roosendaal-Zwolle route, although some trains have been spotted elsewhere by now. The number of DDZ-trains will be increasing gradually in the upcoming weeks and should be back to normal somewhere next year, allowing for reallocating ICM-stock.

Meanwhile, don't forget to register any overcrowded trains in the ‘druktemelder’ in the NS app. This allows for more accurate planning.

I thought DDZ was also common from The Hague to Leeuwarden, but I could be wrong.

Reputatie 6
Badge

Most certainly yes. All intercities to and from both Groningen and Leeuwarden used to be served by DDZ and ICM. Before 2017 it was mostly ICM and VIRM. There even used to be a time where the Rotterdam branch had ICM only and the The Hague route had VIRM only. Anyhow, from 2017 to 2020 it was both ICM and DDZ for all services.

The maintenance depot in Onnen services DDZ since a few years. It used to be done in Leidschendam. This is one of the reasons for changing the DDZ-deployment-area to the north of the country. Onnen also services ICM. VIRM is mostly for the Maastricht depot (and some Onnen).

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

It’s a known problem on the trajectory to or from Leeuwarden. The NS has a lot of issues with their rolling stock, so there aren’t enough trains available for every route

Most trains are extended in Zwolle. A single ICM-3 from Zwolle to Rotterdam does not often occur during rush hour, unless there are disruptions.

From Leeuwarden to Zwolle: ICM-3 or 4
From Zwolle to Rotterdam: ICM-7 or longer.

It’s a known problem on the trajectory to or from Leeuwarden. The NS has a lot of issues with their rolling stock, so there aren’t enough trains available for every route

Most trains are extended in Zwolle. A single ICM-3 from Zwolle to Rotterdam does not often occur during rush hour, unless there are disruptions.

You would hope it’s not usual. Sadly it’s very usual on this train ride since the new timetable.

And it is shocking to me that there are so many topics about Intercity’s to or from Leeuwarden, yet they shorten the train even more. This has never been an issue before but now it certainly is.

I think it’s not purely because of the DDZ rolling stock being out of service. It’s the fact that it’s probably the least important train line for the NS.

And I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to stand every day. This is becoming a serious issue that has been discussed many times in this forum.

NS really needs to look into this. Not just forum members but the NS themselves.

Reputatie 2

You would hope it’s not usual. Sadly it’s very usual on this train ride since the new timetable.

And it is shocking to me that there are so many topics about Intercity’s to or from Leeuwarden, yet they shorten the train even more. This has never been an issue before but now it certainly is.

I think it’s not purely because of the DDZ rolling stock being out of service. It’s the fact that it’s probably the least important train line for the NS.

And I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to stand every day. This is becoming a serious issue that has been discussed many times in this forum.

NS really needs to look into this. Not just forum members but the NS themselves.

I think the best you can do to get the NS to look into this is to keep telling NS when the train is busy.

You can do this in the app or on the website volletreinen.nl

And I will agree, for many people there is no other option than to stand on this route, at least that’s my experience with the Intercity’s in the rush hour that go to the Randstad area.

But I don’t think the NS is going to do anything about this structual problem. As I already said, you’ll have to wait and see. Keep telling NS when the train is full and maybe something will change.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

If you look at Treinposities, you can see that most trains during rush hour are ICM-7 or longer. A few are ICM-4.

Which train did you take?

If you look at Treinposities, you can see that most trains during rush hour are ICM-7 or longer. A few are ICM-4.

Which train did you take?

I think train number 662. 4-Car ICM.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

But that isn't rush hour from Gouda to Rotterdam.

I think the best option is to use the "Druktemelder" in the NS app.

Reageer