beantwoord

bagage in de trein

• 2 July 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 189 Bekeken

Hello

i will be travelling with my disassembled bike in the NS train in a couple of weeks. The bike will be in a special transport bag (soft shell).  Do I need to buy a bike ticket even if it’s disassembled. What are the maximum allowed dimensions for luggage when travelling with NS? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Momo 2 July 2022, 14:58

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

A disassembled bicycle still counts as a bicycle for NS and for bicycles you need to buy a ticket.

See https://www.ns.nl/en/travel-information/bikes-on-the-train.html

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

If the bike in a box or bag, it should be allowed as hand luggage, for which the (official) maximum dimensions are 85×85×85 cm.

This means a washing machine would be allowed 🤣 but in practice, they will allow smaller (floor space) luggage if it exceeds 85 cm (height) and doesn’t obstruct anything.

So, an ironing board or IKEA 60×20×160 cm high bookshelf package is no problem as long as you can store it upright against a wall near the doors.

The (obviously disassembled) bike in the photo below would not count, although I like the creativity and they will probably let you get away with it.

At your own risk, because you might be asked to leave the train or buy a € 7,50 bike ticket (allowed all day in July and August).

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

If the bike in a box or bag, it should be allowed as hand luggage, for which the (official) maximum dimensions are 85×85×85 cm.

This means a washing machine would be allowed 🤣 but in practice, they will allow smaller (floor space) luggage if it exceeds 85 cm (height) and doesn’t obstruct anything.

So, an ironing board or IKEA 60×20×160 cm high bookshelf package is no problem as long as you can store it upright against a wall near the doors.

The (obviously disassembled) bike in the photo below would not count, although I like the creativity and they will probably let you get away with it.

At your own risk, because you might be asked to leave the train or buy a € 7,50 bike ticket (allowed all day in July and August).

Warning: You need also a ticket for a bike in a box or bag and a disassembled bike. See the link in the message from @Momo 

Reageer