foreigners

• 3 February 2022
  • 6 reacties
  • 304 Bekeken

Hi
I came to the Netherlands from Turkey for the first time in September. When I got on the train from the airport, I did not understand what the officer was speaking because I did not know your language. He handed me a form. There was an address field on the form. I wrote my address in Turkey. Two days ago, I received a letter to my address in Turkey with the reference number L635930. It says that you did not ticket. First of all, I had my ticket. I can take a photo of it and send my ticket with that date. On the other hand, is this how you treat foreigners who come to your country for the first time? Isn't it normal for a foreign citizen not to know your language or not to know the practices in the country? I read that I can file a complaint against Rover by going to the website of NS. They conveyed my complaint I sent there to the Office of the Ovombudsman. The Office wrote to me and said to inform the situation to NS first. Therefore, I am waiting for your reply by contacting NS. Thank you.

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

If you did have a valid ticket, then it sounds a bit strange. You'd better contact customer service via chat or phone.

One addition:

Did you buy your ticket at Schiphol station at the counter or at the ticket machine? In that case are you sure you validated it at a check-in pole before you started your journey? Else it's not valid.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Did you buy your ticket at Schiphol station at the counter or at the ticket machine? In that case are you sure you validated it at a check-in pole before you started your journey? Else it's not valid.

Good point. But does the ticket machine warn you that you must validate before travelling? The print on the small ticket itself is hardly enough IMO.

@rvdborgt 

On the ticket is printed "check in and out with every operator". I don't onderstand what's not clear.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

On the ticket is printed "check in and out with every operator". I don't onderstand what's not clear.

That is clear if and only if you read everything on the ticket.

If you don't warn in advance that extra action is required to make a ticket valid, then you are setting your customers up to travel without a valid ticket. It's with good reason that German ticket machines often warn for this, or alternatively only sell tickets with a validity date/time.

Hence my question: does the ticket machine warn you that you must validate before travelling?

On the other hand, is this how you treat foreigners who come to your country for the first time? Isn't it normal for a foreign citizen not to know your language or not to know the practices in the country?

Reageer