beantwoord

Charges for exiting centraal Station

• 21 September 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 139 Bekeken

Hi everyone,

I took a DB train from Zurich to Amsterdam centraal. Since there was no way to exit the station, I used my OV-chipkaart to exit the station. But I’ve been charged 12 EUR for the same. Is there a way I can dispute this charge?

Thank you!

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 21 September 2022, 16:25

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

You were able to leave the Central station with the square code on your international ticket. You can ask for a refund at Customer Service. Keep everything at hand.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Yes, you should contact customer service.

But in the first place, you should never use your chipcard to exit the station after a trip on an international ticket. Instead, push the service button on the pole next to the gate and mention your international ticket doesn't open them. A gate will then be remotely opened. Speaking to a member of staff is another option.

Alternative is to use the chipcard first to check in at the poles on the platform (with the sign to check-out/in for an international transfer and then open the gates with your card. Then your check in is cancelled and there are no correction fares charged.

@Thom Nightjet tickets bought at OeBB don't have a barcode that works on the gates in the Netherlands.

Badge +3

@Thom Nightjet tickets bought at OeBB don't have a barcode that works on the gates in the Netherlands.

The train staff can also provide you with a keycard to open gates.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

I took a DB train from Zurich to Amsterdam centraal. Since there was no way to exit the station,

A Nightjet is not a DB-train. DB International tickets to the Netherlands do have an Aztec, and otherwise the solution of Robert works. It is not clear where the ticket is bought and which train is taken. You can also change in Basel and/or Frankfurt with normal trains or ICE.

Reageer