beantwoord

Always Discount Year subscription for bus tram metro and NS Flex Altijd Vrij on single OV-chipkaart

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 177 Bekeken

Can I use Always Discount Year subscription for bus tram metro and NS Flex Always Free on single OV chip card?

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 7 August 2023, 20:09

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Good evening cansinbade and welcome to the NS Community.

Which ‘Always Discount Year’ subscription are you referring to? As NS, we do not offer any subscriptions that are valid in bus, tram and metro.

Generally speaking, the combination of any subscription for bus, tram and metro with an NS Flex subscription on the same card is not recommended. This is because, by default, NS Flex is also used for trips with bus, tram and metro (BTM). The NS Flex BTM travel product often gets priority over any other subscription when checking in with bus, tram or metro transport.

That being said, it is possible to combine the two. For that, you'll have to contact our Customer Service to have the NS Flex BTM product manually disabled. Once that's done, NS Flex will only be used for train trips, whereas you will use balance on your card for bus, tram and metro. Any other subscription for bus, tram and metro will then work properly.

Good morning,

I mean this by ‘Always Discount Year’ https://webshop.gvb.nl/en_gb/products/altijd-korting-jaar/82/ .

Thanks for the advice, I talked to the customer service and disabled NS Flex BTM and bought the discount in the link for bus, tram and metro. Then, I used 'Pick up order’ to complete the disabling and add some balance to my OV-chipkaart. 

Hope everything works properly now. 

Thank you. It helped a lot.

Badge +3

Note that you can enable Automatic reload if you don't wish to keep topping up manually.

Reageer