beantwoord

Season Ticket for Vacation (dal vrij)

• 14 May 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 74 Bekeken

Dear community, 

we are two adults and two kids (7 and 9) from Austria. We will do a round trip through the Netherlands upcoming July. 

I understand that the “dal vrij” is a very good option for us because it will give us free rides during off-peak hours for all of the month of July. That is perfect for us. 

Do we have to purchase the tickets (and also the OV card if I understand it correctly) before going to the Netherlands or can we just go to any major train station and get our tickets there on our day of arrival? thanks for your help, it’s not very easy to understand. 

Also can I cancel the dal vrij subscription right after getting it so we only have July and nothing more after that?

icon

Beste antwoord door Lorena NS 14 May 2024, 10:47

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi Susanne Neumann and welcome to the NS Community! 

It is only possible to use the NS Flex Dal Vrij on a personal OV-card. This means that you have to order the OV-cards. If you want to order that with the NS Flex Dal Vrij contract, you need to have a Dutch bank account to pay with iDeal. If you don't have this, you can order the OV-card separately. If you received the card(s), you can order the contract with our customer service. But for this, you also need an IBAN. 

It is only possible to cancel this contract on the day itself. You need to deactivate the contract from the OV-card, so you need to request this cancellation when you are still in the Netherlands. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Reputatie 5
Badge

You could open a bank account at N26 or Revolut, as they do support ideal (N26 only with German IBAN’s). They’re free so you could try that.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

It is only possible to cancel this contract on the day itself. You need to deactivate the contract from the OV-card, so you need to request this cancellation when you are still in the Netherlands. Let me know if you have any further questions!

It's a lot easier just to change the subscription to NS Flex Basis, which is free, can be done at any time, and for which you don't need to remove the contract from the chipcard.

Reageer