Complaint regarding unprofessional behavior at OV Service & Tickets NS - Den Haag Centraal

• 5 April 2024
  • 10 reacties
  • 283 Bekeken

Good afternoon,

I wanted to talk to you about a pretty unpleasant experience I had at the NS Information Center / OV Service Center in Den Haag Central on March 4th, around 12:45 PM.

So, I walked in to sort out an issue with my OV Chip Card and approached one of your employees at the second desk on the right side. Long story short, things went south real quick.

Instead of being helpful, the employee got pretty rude and pushy, basically shouting at me from her seat telling me to figure things out on my own with some machine. When I asked for more help, she got even more aggressive, making a scene that left me feeling totally embarrassed in front of the crowd.

Here's what I need to address:
- The employee's attitude was way off for someone in a customer service role.
- She was seriously lacking in empathy and basic manners.
- It was clear she didn't know how to handle customer issues properly.
- This whole thing makes me wonder if your staff are getting the right training.
- As a paying customer, and as an expat, I felt completely ignored and disrespected.

This needs to be fixed, and fast.

I need you to look into what happened, get an apology from the employee, and make sure this kind of behavior doesn't happen again.

I hope you take this seriously and sort it out ASAP. Looking forward to hearing back from you with an answer.

Thank you.

10 reacties

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

This is not a Customer Service channel but a travellers forum.

To file a complaint, see https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/other-items/complaints.html

Reputatie 3
The two counters on the right at The Hague Central Station belong to the HTM. You must submit your complaint about their staff to the Hague carrier HTM.
Reputatie 7
Badge +1

The HTM complaint form is here:

https://www.htm.nl/en/klantenservice/formulieren/klachtenformulier

Although they also have English pages, they didn't translate the complaint form :/

Based on your language, you might be from the United States or Canada. 

Please bear in mind that I am not blaming you. Being shouted at is horrible and unacceptable. 

There is a difference in service culture between the Netherlands and the US

This needs to be fixed, and fast.

I need you to look into what happened, get an apology from the employee, and make sure this kind of behavior doesn't happen again.

is perfectly acceptable as you’re angry, but no one will look into what happened and you will not get an apology. 

In other situations, a less demanding attitude will get you further. There is no way to force an employee to do something that he is not willing to do. Trying it again later is a better solution.

Reputatie 4

We were not there, but reports about unprofessional and rude behaviour from railway employees are not new or surprising. Some of them do not follow their training well, or go to work with a very bad attitude, and it's always good to report these issues so they can (hopefully) be addressed.

Reputatie 3

.....railway employees ......

tramway employees

Badge +3

Reputatie 3

HTM personnel (even their customer service department) is known for lack of politeness.

My instict with them is to avoid any discussion and file a complaint when/if needed.

Laat ik dat nu juist hebben taxichauffeurs en hun medewerkers taxicentrale.

Maar serieus, waarom zo'n aanval uit het niets op een bedrijf en al haar medewerkers ? Waar is dat nou voor nodig ?

Reputatie 4

Maar serieus, waarom zo'n aanval uit het niets op een bedrijf en al haar medewerkers ? Waar is dat nou voor nodig ?

Post gelezen? 

Badge +3

Laat ik dat nu juist hebben taxichauffeurs en hun medewerkers taxicentrale.

Oke, verwijderd. maar van iemand aan een balie mag je verwachten dat die beleefd is, ook al kan diegene je niet helpen en haar dag niet heeft.

Reageer