travel Leeuwarden to Eindhoven

• 24 October 2022
  • 15 reacties
  • 170 Bekeken

I would like to travel from Leeuwarden to Eindhoven on Friday, but on google maps it tells me that the train line is closed. But on the website here, I can buy tickets. Can you tell me, is the route Leeuwarden - Utrecht Centraal - Eindhoven Centraal available?

15 reacties

Badge +3

Google Maps shows one notification for me, about scheduled engineering works between Dordrecht and Lage Zwaluwe. These don't affect a journey from Leeuwarden to Eindhoven. So yes, you can travel by train from Leeuwarden to Eindhoven via Utrecht on Friday.

In the future, I would advise you to use the NS journey planner at www.ns.nl to check which trains are running. Moreover, in case trains aren't running due to scheduled engineering works, you can still buy tickets because these are valid in the replacement bus service. Being able to buy tickets therefore says nothing about whether or not the trains are running.

Leeuwarden

TrenIntercity638Rotterdam Centraal

Ā 1 h 55 minĀ (fără oprire)Ā Ā·Ā PeronulĀ 4

Ā 

Servicii Ʈntrerupte

Construction

"Due to construction work from Thursday 20 October to Sunday 6 November, there will be no trains but buses between Dordrecht and Lage Zwaluwe."Ā -Ā ns.nl

Valabilă de peĀ 20.10.2022, 00:01Ā pĆ¢nă peĀ 06.11.2022, 22:59

Serviciu furnizat deĀ Nederlandse Spoorwegen

12:42

Utrecht Centraal

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Utrecht Centraal

TrenIntercity3043Eindhoven Centraal

Ā 49 minĀ (fără oprire)Ā Ā·Ā PeronulĀ 18

Ā 

Servicii Ʈntrerupte

Construction

"Due to construction work from Thursday 20 October to Sunday 6 November, there will be no trains but buses between Dordrecht and Lage Zwaluwe."Ā -Ā ns.nl

Valabilă de peĀ 20.10.2022, 00:01Ā pĆ¢nă peĀ 06.11.2022, 22:59

13:43

Eindhoven

Ā 

this is what google maps tells me when I want to travel.
So it's not valid right?

I can travel peacefully

Badge +3

What Google Maps tells you is not technically incorrect, as there are indeed buses instead of trains between Dordrecht and Lage Zwaluwe, but that's irrelevant for you since that trajectory is not part of your journey. As I said, use the journey planner on www.ns.nl instead and don't use Google Maps to plan your train journeys.

I want to arrive on Friday, 28.10 from Leeuwarden to Eindhoven airport.Ā I usually use google maps because it takes me exactly to my destination. Could I use ns.nl for this?Ā is there a gps app?

Badge +3

You can plan a journey to a destination that's not a train station:
Ā 

Ā 

You can use Google Maps to guide you from the train station to your destination. Just don't rely on Google Maps for the journey from station to station and use the NS journey planner for that.

ok, so there is no problem with the line leeuwarden - utrech - eindhoven

I can travel quietly by train

Badge +3

Yes, that is correct.

So it's not valid right?

I can travel peacefully

You better buy a map.

From Leeuwarden to Eindhoven via Dordrecht???

So it's not valid right?

I can travel peacefully

You better buy a map.

From Leeuwarden to Eindhoven via Dordrecht???

can you explain me please?

Because on a map you would immediately see that Dordrecht is completely out of the way.

I don't understand why Google Maps is giving this misleading information.

Because on a map you would immediately see that Dordrecht is completely out of the way.

thanks a lot for helpĀ 

Reputatie 3

Google maps is acting a little weirdly. It says that all NS-trains everywhere in the Netherlands are cancelled. Tis is not true. It has been saying this for like a month now, I don't know why. I would not at all trust google maps right now.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Hmm indeed, it adds the disruption between Dordrecht and Lage Zwaluwe to any NS route. I even get it when planning a trip fromĀ Amersfoort to Utrecht.

Reageer