beantwoord

Automatic topup

• 2 August 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 116 Bekeken

How do I set it up that I am automatically debited when balance goes under the required amount to travel? I don't want to keep having to go to a pay point to top-up my balance.

icon

Beste antwoord door iMark 2 August 2023, 15:35

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

You can set this up by going to the page https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/en/automatic-reload

You will need a personal OV-chipkaart and you have to register. You also need a Dutch bank account in order to do the 1 cent verification through iDeal.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

You also need a Dutch bank account in order to do the 1 cent verification through iDeal.

The only requirement is that you have an account at a bank that accepts SEPA direct debit.

To set this up online by yourself, you need a bank account that can do iDeal payments. There are also a few non-Dutch banks (notably Revolut) that can do that.

If you can't use iDeal, then you need to fill out a form. They have omitted this information from the Dutch page but the link to the form on the English page doesn't seem to work, so you'll need to contact customer service.

Badge +3

A free Revolut account should work, in case you don’t want NS Customer Service involved.

Funny (or not!) your iDeal payment will (seem to) succeed flawlessly, yet a non-NL IBAN might be ‘not recognised’, so you will be off to start and in need for some NS Customer Service interaction/approval.

Whatever I (myself) do doesn’t matter much, since I am a known customer.

For new customers, Revolut payments might be rejected. Not sure why.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

A free Revolut account should work, in case you don’t want NS Customer Service involved.

It's OV-chipkaart customer service in this case.

Reageer