beantwoord

Balance on OV Chipkaart is freezing

• 11 February 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 173 Bekeken

Hi there, 

I have a personal OV chipkaart. I loaded a €40 balance a few months ago. However, whenever I travel, I pay the invoice amount each month by direct debit to my bank account, without it being deducted by €40. Therefore, the €40 balance is still on the card up until now

Is there anything I can do to get back or transfer this €40 to my bank account? It's such a waste if the money is on the card, freezing, while I can use the money for something else. 

Thank you for your assistance.

icon

Beste antwoord door Erryt NS 11 February 2022, 13:14

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Hello Taarri, welcome at our community,

If there is less than € 30 on your card, you can request a credit refund at an operator’s counter. If there is more than €30 on your card, you can only request a credit refund using a form, but while using this form you also will block your card.

You can also turn off NS Flex for the bus, tram and metro. Then you can use your balance for this till it's under 30 euro and go to a service desk.

Badge +3

In this topic it was mentioned that if you contact customer service before going to a service desk and have them make a notice, you can get more than 30 euros back. Is that no longer the case?

I have checked and this is indeed possible and even without a note from our customer service.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Bij mijn laatste bezoek aan OV-chipkaart bleek de bovengrens verhoogd naar 50€ om direct terug te betalen. Maar mogelijk is dat enkel voor verlopen kaarten.

If the customer has NS Flex and there is still a balance on the card, you can also go to the NS Service Desk for amounts over €30. 

Reageer