beantwoord

Check in and check out same station

• 18 May 2015
  • 8 reacties
  • 3241 Bekeken

Hi, yesterday I took some friends from Amsterdam Muiderpoort to Amsterdam Centraal, and then I went back to Muiderpoort. I checked in at Muiderpoort but I forgot to check out and check in at Centraal, so I paid 10 euros checking out at Muiderpoort again (I was travelling with 40% discount). Can I claim money back declaring my journey?

Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Bart NS 19 May 2015, 08:47

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Hi, yesterday I took some friends from Amsterdam Muiderpoort to Amsterdam Centraal, and then I went back to Muiderpoort. I checked in at Muiderpoort but I forgot to check out and check in at Centraal, so I paid 10 euros checking out at Muiderpoort again (I was travelling with 40% discount). Can I claim money back declaring my journey?
You are lucky, that you get no fine of €35 for travelling back to the place where you check in.
Hi Lorenzo, the best you can do is contact our customer service. When you tell what happened, they will substract the costs of Muiderpoort - Centraal and pay you the rest of the money back. I'll move this topic to 'OV-chipkaart'.

Edit: my link doesn't give you the needed phone number, you can call us, also in English, on 030-751 51 55 or use social media/e-mail/chat.
You better explain he has to use another customer service channel as your link is mentioning this service forum first and TS will never understand Eva as she can't speak English.

Or give this link as at least this mentions the telephonenumber right away although Eva also mentions this service forum (which is no use to TS )

https://www.ns.nl/virtuele-assistent/virtuele-assistent/?hint=contactopnemen&delay=false
I've updated my post Macca.
It would be a nice idea if ns.nl/en would finally provide some contact information...

Hi, yesterday there was a problem with all the trains until 4pm. I checked in at Arnhem Zuid and realized there won’t be any trains till 4pm which at that time was in 2 hours. Therefore, I didn’t check out because I would come back. When I came back I scanned my card again and got charged with a 20 euro fee. Is it possible to refund this?

Hi Melissa. Welcome to the Community.

You can try and correct it via www.uitcheckgemist.nl. If you run into any issues you can best contact our Customer Service to make a correction and get a refund.

Badge +3

Uitcheckgemist will not work for NS, because you cannot select the same station (no travel). This needs to be corrected by NS Customer Service.

Reageer