beantwoord

check in/uit en e-ticket

• 28 August 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 234 Bekeken

Hi) Sorry, I am a newcomer and I don't understand how it works. Two days ago I travelled by train. Before travelling I bought an E-ticket and I thought that when you buy ticket online - it is downloaded on your OV-chipcard. I didn't do check-in when started travel  because in my city we don't have gates, but when I arrived to the last point I did check-out with my card (not e-ticket). Now in my NS application I have a notification that i didn't check-in/out. What can I do? I haven't used my e-ticket and i did checkout with my ov-card

icon

Beste antwoord door Daniel 28 August 2022, 10:53

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

It's best to contact customer service to correct your check-out with a missing check-in as you didn't actually travel with your chipcard.

When you buy an e-ticket, you'll either need to load it into the NS app or alternatively print out the ticket. It has a QR-code to pass gates. The ticket is never automatically downloaded onto your chipcard.

Checking in/out is only needed for chipcards (including those from ticket machines), not for e-tickets.

When you have an e-ticket you can open the gates with the QR-code on your e-ticket by scanning this code at a gate with an optical reader.

You will now be charged €20 because you checked out with your chipcard while you were not checked-in. You will have to contact Customer Service to have this corrected.

Thanks a lot. I try to start chat with Customer Support for two days but I cannot download that chat( I will try to contact Support Desk via phone. 

Reageer