beantwoord

correction fee of 50 euros

• 15 November 2022
  • 6 reacties
  • 261 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties

In the train station of Amstel, the train (platform 4) and the tram were directly connected and there was no need for another check-in to get on the train. Therefore, I did not know I had to check in again. I have moved in the Netherlands recently and I am a student. It was an honest misunderstanding and I don't think this fee is fair.

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 15 November 2022, 10:05

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

The fee was fair because of your behaviour of not properly checking in, but it is understandable for you as a foreigner as well. Contact Customer Service and you may have this fee back. It is a one time option.

In the train station of Amstel, the train (platform 4) and the tram were directly connected and there was no need for another check-in to get on the train. Therefore, I did not know I had to check in again. I have moved in the Netherlands recently and I am a student. It was an honest misunderstanding and I don't think this fee is fair.

You always have to check out and in when you change between different operators. So I don't understand the mistake.

What doesn't help is that some people make this "mistake" on purpose, it's a well known trick among foreign students.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Not that difficult to understand. In many countries trams and trains are run by the same operator.

What doesn't help is that some people make this "mistake" on purpose, it's a well known trick among foreign students.

Why would this be a ‘well known trick'? What's your source? It only causes extra fees when trying to check-out with NS without a valid check-in.

Not that difficult to understand. In many countries trams and trains are run by the same operator.

It only causes extra fees when trying to check-out with NS without a valid check-in.

At the end of the full trip you cannot check out and claim a missed check out from the first operator. This way you don't pay for the trip with the second operator.

Reputatie 3

It only causes extra fees when trying to check-out with NS without a valid check-in.

At the end of the full trip you cannot check out and claim a missed check out from the first operator. This way you don't pay for the trip with the second operator.

I would understand a foreigner making this mistake. The card is literally called “Public Transport”-card, so most likely everyone could assume it’s check in and travel. Although I’m not familiar with Amstel so I couldn’t really understand a connection without closed gates. 

Your current option is the helpdesk and explaining to them how such a honest mistake could be made. However, if there are multiple gates, they might tell you that you just have to pay more attention next time.

Badge +3

Although I’m not familiar with Amstel so I couldn’t really understand a connection without closed gates.

At Amsterdam Amstel, the trains and metro stop at the same platforms (perroneilanden, tracks 1 and 4 for trains, 2 and 3 for metro) so you can easily board an NS train when arriving with a GVB metro (a common mistake).

On the platform, there are poles to check out with GVB and in with NS (or vice versa). Same at Duivendrecht (tracks 5 and 8 for trains, 6 and 7 for metro).

Reageer