beantwoord

correction fee of 50 euros

• 15 November 2022
  • 6 reacties
  • 261 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties

In the train station of Amstel, the train (platform 4) and the tram were directly connected and there was no need for another check-in to get on the train. Therefore, I did not know I had to check in again. I have moved in the Netherlands recently and I am a student. It was an honest misunderstanding and I don't think this fee is fair.

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 15 November 2022, 10:05

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Not that difficult to understand. In many countries trams and trains are run by the same operator.

What doesn't help is that some people make this "mistake" on purpose, it's a well known trick among foreign students.

Why would this be a ‘well known trick'? What's your source? It only causes extra fees when trying to check-out with NS without a valid check-in.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

The fee was fair because of your behaviour of not properly checking in, but it is understandable for you as a foreigner as well. Contact Customer Service and you may have this fee back. It is a one time option.

In the train station of Amstel, the train (platform 4) and the tram were directly connected and there was no need for another check-in to get on the train. Therefore, I did not know I had to check in again. I have moved in the Netherlands recently and I am a student. It was an honest misunderstanding and I don't think this fee is fair.

You always have to check out and in when you change between different operators. So I don't understand the mistake.

What doesn't help is that some people make this "mistake" on purpose, it's a well known trick among foreign students.

Not that difficult to understand. In many countries trams and trains are run by the same operator.

It only causes extra fees when trying to check-out with NS without a valid check-in.

At the end of the full trip you cannot check out and claim a missed check out from the first operator. This way you don't pay for the trip with the second operator.

Reputatie 3

It only causes extra fees when trying to check-out with NS without a valid check-in.

At the end of the full trip you cannot check out and claim a missed check out from the first operator. This way you don't pay for the trip with the second operator.

I would understand a foreigner making this mistake. The card is literally called “Public Transport”-card, so most likely everyone could assume it’s check in and travel. Although I’m not familiar with Amstel so I couldn’t really understand a connection without closed gates. 

Your current option is the helpdesk and explaining to them how such a honest mistake could be made. However, if there are multiple gates, they might tell you that you just have to pay more attention next time.

Badge +3

Although I’m not familiar with Amstel so I couldn’t really understand a connection without closed gates.

At Amsterdam Amstel, the trains and metro stop at the same platforms (perroneilanden, tracks 1 and 4 for trains, 2 and 3 for metro) so you can easily board an NS train when arriving with a GVB metro (a common mistake).

On the platform, there are poles to check out with GVB and in with NS (or vice versa). Same at Duivendrecht (tracks 5 and 8 for trains, 6 and 7 for metro).

Reageer