beantwoord

DiSAGREEMENT WITH FINE

• 8 July 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 193 Bekeken

Hello. I was fined 40€ for one of my trips with the NS train to Den Bosch while I had respectfully paid for my ticket for the trip. I'm new here in the Netherlands and I just forgot to check out because I didn't know how that worked, but I paid for my trip and I need a refund of my €40 fine.

icon

Beste antwoord door MoDe 8 July 2023, 09:08

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

You have to check in and out with your OV-chipcard. You don't need a e-ticket.

For refund you have to call the customerservice. You can reach them also by Twitter, Facebook or chat.

I'm new here in the Netherlands and I just forgot to check out because I didn't know how that worked, 

If is advisable to check "how it works" before you start travelling 

Reputatie 3

The Dutch system is more complicated than most - yes, you need to register a check-in and a check-out with your ticket for it to be valid, even though it was already paid for. This applies even if the station you are using has ticket scanners without gates. NS has a customer service line at +316 30 751 5155, so if you call them and explain that you had a valid ticket, give them the number or code for this ticket and you can expect to have the fine discarded. 

Badge +3

A forgotten check-out will result in a 20 euro correction fee because of unknown destination, but can be easily corrected by Customer Service.

The number to call is +31 30 751 5155 or contact via chat or social media.

Reageer