beantwoord

OV-Card details is incorrect

• 27 January 2022
  • 9 reacties
  • 433 Bekeken

• Sprinter
  • 3 reacties

Hello, 

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to change my OV-Card, I made a mistake with my initials while filling up the information. thank you

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 28 January 2022, 13:11

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Hi there Jam and welcome to the community! 

You can order a new card, but the costs for this are for your own account. But you do have to get a new card, corresponding with your personal details to travel with this. Is that clear for you?

Hi Sanne, Do you happen to know if how much would it cost if Im going to order a new card?And can I still use the OV-Card while waiting for the one? Thank you

The standard costs of an OV-chipcard is € 7,50, but that also depends on how exactly you order the card, as additional administrative fee's can be added. I see that a replacement due to incorrect personal information costs € 11, as listed here.

You can still use the old card until you receive the new one, although if the personal information is incorrect, the card is technically valid to be used by you, as the personal information should match identifaction. That said, if it's purely the initials, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Hello Stijn, Im a bit confused here, as you have mentioned above, I can still use my card while waiting for the replacement of my new card but it also says on the website that I have to download the form and print it, and I have to include my OV-Card  together with the form before I send it?  

Apologies, I had the process in mind where you replace your card when it's about to expire. If you follow the process where you replace the card due to incorrect personal information, then you indeed need to send the old card to them, at which point you can't use it.

Thank you for the information.Have a good day 

Badge +3

You don’t need to send in the card you have (and pay €11 for a correct one).

Just order a new one (not a replacement) for € 7,50 Delivery is within a few weekdays.

Hi. I am having problem to do subscriptions because the date of birth of  my ov chipkaart  is showing incorrect. What is the solution to do subscription in my case?

Good afternoon Nima dherpa. That depends on whether or not the date of birth as registered with your OV-chipcard is incorrect, or if the date of birth that we have noted is incorrect.

If it's the first, I'm afraid you'll have to replace the OV-chipcard, as a valid OV-chipcard needs to have your correct date of birth. You can check the OV-chipcard website for that, specifically the instructions under 'The details on my personal OV-chipkaart are incorrect’.

If the date of birth that we have noted is incorrect, you'll have to contact our Customer Service. You can check this via your Mijn NS account.

Reageer