beantwoord

E ticket validity

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 142 Bekeken

What is the validity of e ticket?

NS website says you don't need to scan e ticket so in that case, can I use the ticket multiple times (of course same route)

Ex: Amsterdam central to Utrecht central in the morning, afternoon, evening... Using same e ticket? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 11 April 2023, 19:22

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Badge +3

No, a single ticket is valid for one journey and a day return ticket is valid for one return journey.

The text that you don't need to scan an eticket means that you can use the code on the ticket to open any gates you encounter when you enter or exit the station, but don't have to do anything at a pole on a station that doesn’t have gates.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

The funny thing is, I've been reading the General T&C and the E-ticket T&C, (both in Dutch and English) but I can't find any rule that says you are only allowed to use it once. They keep saying it is valid during the period stated on the ticket.

Badge +3

The ticket will keep working to open gates, but is only valid until you get checked in the train.

If you get checked in the morning and use the same ticket in the evening, you will be fined €50 plus travel cost at full fare.

Reageer