beantwoord

Help Needed: Incorrect Check-in Charge - New Student Inquiry

• 6 February 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 48 Bekeken

Hi NS Customer Services,

I hope you're doing well. My name is Razieh Lorvand, and I'm a recent arrival to the Netherlands, currently enrolled as a university student. I've been using the NS train services for my daily commute.

I'm reaching out because during today's journey from Arnhem to Utrecht, I mistakenly used the red check-in gate instead of the yellow gate at the station. It turns out there's a difference, and I wasn't aware until a friendly NS colleague checked my ticket and pointed it out.

He told me to fix the check-in at my destination, but to my surprise, I received a €50 invoice. Given that I've been in the country for less than 10 days and I'm still getting familiar with the details, I genuinely didn't know about the gate distinctions until your colleague mentioned it.

I understand it was my oversight, and I appreciate your colleague's assistance. As a student on a tight budget, a €50 charge is significant for me. Could you kindly help me rectify this check-in error and reconsider the associated charge?

My card number is ****, and I also have an off-peak subscription. I'm more than willing to follow any necessary steps to correct this promptly.

Your understanding and support in resolving this matter would mean a lot. Let me know if you need anything else from my end.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Looking forward to your prompt response.

Kind regards,

Razieh Lorvand

[phone number deleted by moderator]

My card number: ****

icon

Beste antwoord door Lorena NS 7 February 2024, 11:06

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi razi.lorvand and welcome on the NS Community! 

I'm sorry to read that you got this invoice of € 50.00. Unfortunately, I can't help you with this on the community. Please contact our customer service to request a refund.

Reageer