Skip to main content
beantwoord

Off-Peak Group Ticket

• 9 May 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 196 Bekeken

Hi. We bought a group ticket for 6 people (Off-Peak Group Ticket) to travel from Enschede to Amsterdam. Nowhere on the website could you see that this is not allowed for Ic direct and ICE. We only read this on the ticket after we bought it. Which additional ticket do we have to buy for the journey from Enschede to Amsterdam or can we exchange tickets as a gesture of goodwill?

4 reacties

Badge +3

You can use the off-peak group ticket for your trip without any problem. No additional ticket is necessary.

Intercity direct is the name for the train service that runs between Amsterdam and Rotterdam via the high speed line, and ICE International runs between Amsterdam, Utrecht, Arnhem (and Germany). These routes aren’t part of your trip, so you won't be travelling with Intercity direct or ICE International, so there’s nothing to worry about.

In particular, you may use the train from Hengelo to Amsterdam that comes from Berlin. Within the Netherlands, this international train is a regular intercity service where domestic tickets are valid.

many thanks for the quick response. @Tochjo I hope I understood correctly:so can i use the NS intercity from enschede via hilversum to amsterdam centraal?

Badge +3

Yes. (You have to change trains in Hilversum, as there is no direct connection, but I’m sure you know that.)

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot!

Reageer