beantwoord

Track maintenance enquiry

• 17 November 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 78 Bekeken

I'm planning to visit The Netherlands next month - and part of my trip will hopefully involve a train journey from Almelo de Riet to Schiphol Airport.

However, when I try and book such a journey for Sunday 17 December at 1727 hours, the NS website doesn't seem to allow me to purchase an online ticket - and instead seems to make mention of some track maintenance - stating that due to engineering works: the timetable has been adjusted between Amsterdam Centraal and Hoofddorp and the timetable has been adjusted between Amsterdam Zuid and Hoofddorp.

However, I can't seem to find out if this means that I would still be able to make it to Schiphol at the planned time of 1922 hours - or does such maintenance mean that I might have to take a bus for part of the journey.

I just wondered if any members of the NS Community might be able to help and let me know if I would still indeed be able to make the planned journey at the time/date mentioned above.

Many thanks.

Andy

Scotland

icon

Beste antwoord door Rene74 17 November 2023, 01:07

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7

Yes, you can make the whole journey at 17.27 by train, without a bus. By buying online early, you get 10% discount (2,72 euro) but are then restricted to this specific connection and cannot change the ticket.

No need buying a ticket this early. You cannot give it back or change it.

It's far better to buy the online ticket on the day of travel itself, or just buy it at a ticket machine at the station. 

You don't get the small discount, but the advantage is you don't risk losing your money when your travel plans suddenly change.

You can travel at 16.57 as well from Almelo de Riet. With a change in Almelo, you can travel direct to Schiphol without an adjusted timetable. Arrival at Schiphol will then be at 18.54.

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated.

Two of us will be travelling - would it be better/cheaper if were to buy a NS group ticket? Or do group tickets require you to choose a particular train at a specific time - or can you use such a ticket at any time and on any train between your starting station and your final destination, on weekends?

The Off-Peak Group Ticket is indeed cheaper for this journey. You will pay an amount of 34 euro if you go with 2 man.

Thank you.

If we were to buy a NS group ticket for this journey, do we need to travel on a particular train at a particular time on a particular date - or could such a ticket be used by our group at any time and on any train between our starting station and our final destination, on a set day (which would be a Sunday)? 

Can we buy a group ticket and then travel at a time of our choosing on a set day - or must we stipulate a fixed travel time on a specific train?

However, when I try and book such a journey for Sunday 17 December at 1727 hours, the NS website doesn't seem to allow me to purchase an online ticket - and instead seems to make mention of some track maintenance - stating that due to engineering works: the timetable has been adjusted between Amsterdam Centraal and Hoofddorp and the timetable has been adjusted between Amsterdam Zuid and Hoofddorp.

Don't buy etickets in advance., except for grouptickets. Once bought they cannot be changed or cancelled anymore!

The best way for travelling is to use your bankcard for checking in and checking out. The fare will then be deducted from your bankaccount one or two days later. 

If we were to buy a NS group ticket for this journey, do we need to travel on a particular train at a particular time on a particular date - or could such a ticket be used by our group at any time and on any train between our starting station and our final destination, on a set day (which would be a Sunday)? 

Grouptickets are only.valid for the day you purchased them, that date is indicated on the ticket.

You are not allowed to travel during peak hours, which are Mon-Fri 06.30-9.00 and 16.00-18.30. For Sat-Sun there are no restrictions.

You can buy a groupticket any time before you start your journey, no need to buy it far in advance 

Excellent, many thanks for all your help and information. Much appreciated.

Reageer