beantwoord

use e-ticket for different (cheaper) destination?

• 11 June 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 114 Bekeken

I bought an e-ticket for Utrecht - Schiphol but our plans have changed and we’re traveling to Amsterdam Centraal instead on the same day. Since it looks like that’s a cheaper journey, can I use my e-ticket, or is it tied to the destination I booked?  Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 11 June 2022, 08:09

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Badge +3

You can only use this ticket on the route from Utrecht Centraal to Schiphol Airport. You may use it to travel a part of this route, e.g. from Utrecht Centraal to Amsterdam Zuid. But since Amsterdam Centraal is not on this route, you cannot use it to travel from Utrecht Centraal to Amsterdam Centraal.

Perhaps you can travel to Amsterdam Zuid and change to metro there? Of course, you will have to buy a separate ticket for the metro ride.

I bought an e-ticket for Utrecht - Schiphol but our plans have changed and we’re traveling to Amsterdam Centraal instead on the same day. Since it looks like that’s a cheaper journey, can I use my e-ticket, or is it tied to the destination I booked?  Thanks!

This is of course not allowed. The best way is that you go to Amsterdam Zuid, your ticket is valid for that trip.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

For slightly shorter trip-and metro single tickets are 1 price-get off at Bijlmer (15 mins after Utr-same S´hol train) then take metro. However metro from Zuid stops under centre-from Bijlmer not so much.

The normal route to airprot is NOT via Ams central=quite a detour.

Reageer