beantwoord

Promised taxi from NS Assistance was not present

• 8 April 2023
  • 8 reacties
  • 209 Bekeken

My wife and I were travelling from Antwerp to Schiphol on 6 April on Thalys 9337. I had requested for assistance in the stations for my wife, who has difficulty mounting stairs.

I received a call on 5 April informing us that the elevators from the station at Schiphol weren’t working and we were instructed to ride to Amsterdam Centraal and then a taxi would be waiting for us to return us to Schiphol.

1. The Assistance met us at Amsterdam Centraal and they didn’t help my wife much getting off the train. We were told where to meet the taxi.
  2. There was no taxi waiting for us. We were told the day before that the taxi would wait just 10 minutes. I am not sure why a person with a mobility issue would get such a time sensitive issue.
  3. There was no one available anywhere to ask about the taxi. There was no help by phone or online.

icon

Beste antwoord door Tomas NS 8 April 2023, 11:02

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

As someone who occasionally uses NS travel assistance for persons with a disability, I do know they have a Whatsapp number to send messages. You can also try sending NS a message via Facebook Messenger.  

On Amsterdam Central there are a lot of NS employees and there is also a ticket and service point.

I understand that you didn't find the NS taxi because mostly there not on the taxi spot but they are before the Ibis hotel.  But if you don't know that you don't find the taxi.

Next time go to Ticket and Service or to the main entrance there will be NS employees.

I do not believe there will be a next time as my wife won’t want to ride a train again because it was so difficult for her.

I was told to go to the taxi stand by the river, which is where I went. I wasn’t told an alternate location.

On Amsterdam Central there are a lot of NS employees and there is also a ticket and service point.

I understand that you didn't find the NS taxi because mostly there not on the taxi spot but they are before the Ibis hotel.  But if you don't know that you don't find the taxi.

Next time go to Ticket and Service or to the main entrance there will be NS employees.

I live in the U.S. so calling isn’t very cost-effective. I’ve tried the online chat, but it never seems to reach anyone.

Hi there btimmerman and welcome to our Community.

That doesn't sound good at all! My sincere apologies for this disappointing situation. I understand that this is very bothersome.

While I do understand that you've tried to contact customer service already, I must admit that I am not able to handle anything related to travel assistance. I do recommend trying to contact them again so they can find out what exactly went wrong. I'm very sorry for that.

Customer Service was too busy to answer the phone.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1
  1. There was no one available anywhere to ask about the taxi. There was no help by phone or online.

Customer service is supposed to be available 24/7. What happened when you called them?

Reageer