beantwoord

NS reduced time table for station Utrecht Terweijde to one every 30 minutes

• 13 December 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 343 Bekeken

Good day, I live in Utrecht Terweijde, NS recently cut the time table in half, which means Utrecht Terweijde and Vleuten have only 1 train every 30 minutes. This makes car centric Terweijde and Vleuten even more car centric, which will force even more people to stop using the train service.

I find this change unfair, this change disconnects Terweijde and Vleuten from the inner city

I would like NS elaborate on the decision to cut the time table on this direction, thanks 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 14 December 2023, 07:28

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 3

This is a website where train travellers help each other.

This reduction ( from 4 to 2 trains an hour, OFF PEAK only ) is part of an annual update of the national timetable.

For more information click below ( in Dutch):

Badge +3

NS has chosen to run fewer sprinter trains between Utrecht and Woerden this year because the number of travellers has gone down during the pandemic and hasn’t fully bounced back since.

Compared to last year, there are fewer trains during during off-peak hours on Monday to Thursday (so two trains per hour during off-peak hours and four trains per hour during peak hours) and fewer trains during peak hours on Friday (so two trains per hour during the entire day).

NS will reconsider this decision for next year's timetable, but you shouldn't expect any upgrades before then. (There are plans to have the train service between Utrecht and Leiden make an extra stop at Utrecht Leidsche Rijn, but that won’t help you if you're travelling from and to Utrecht Terwijde.)

Reageer